Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Ladies and Gents,

After posting on whether to go for a SS 600 cc bike or the new 300 Ninja in the new rider section, I was urged to sit on both bikes. So I went to the dealership yesterday, here in Roseville, Ca, and was convinced the Ninja 300 was gonna be my first bike. The bike is being delivered sometime this afternoon. I already have money to buy new frame sliders, and am just stuck between the no-cut and cut sliders. I am leaning towards the Yoshi cut and have my dad who is more wrench savy help me out. Anyhow, the bikes being delivered soon into my garage, and I am gonna wait to ride it till my parents are home. They want to bless me for safe riding and pray for me and all that nonsense...well here is my intro. Only things I need now are the after market exhaust slip on (prolly a leo vince), the sliders, and a name for my baby :D Btw she's a SE non-abs. Can't wait to ride!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Great timing there; right in time for the brutal heat. :cool: Sounds like you got it from Yamaha Roseville.

Have fun and be safe.

·
Banned
277 Posts
Congrats. I would highly recommend shogun sliders over any others, they are fair more durable and better looking.

Contact TJ at Riders Discount for a great deal.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats. I would highly recommend shogun sliders over any others, they are fair more durable and better looking.

Contact TJ at Riders Discount for a great deal.
The durability of no cut sliders versus the durability of cut sliders isn't an issue? I thought no cuts were more probable to break and cause engine damage? Is this not true or a rumor?

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
While your thinking of buying frame sliders(personally I like yoshi but I really can't tell you if they're any better than others),have a good look at gear aswell.

Reactions: Kruch

·
Banned
277 Posts
The durability of no cut sliders versus the durability of cut sliders isn't an issue? I thought no cuts were more probable to break and cause engine damage? Is this not true or a rumor?
Those points are based purely on the design, location, and quality of the slider. The Shogun sliders (no cut) come with an extremely sturdy base that is spread out nicely compared to the other no cut sliders that use a much smaller bracket that is prone to failure.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello Ladies and Gents,

After posting on whether to go for a SS 600 cc bike or the new 300 Ninja in the new rider section, I was urged to sit on both bikes. So I went to the dealership yesterday, here in Roseville, Ca, and was convinced the Ninja 300 was gonna be my first bike. The bike is being delivered sometime this afternoon. I already have money to buy new frame sliders, and am just stuck between the no-cut and cut sliders. I am leaning towards the Yoshi cut and have my dad who is more wrench savy help me out. Anyhow, the bikes being delivered soon into my garage, and I am gonna wait to ride it till my parents are home. They want to bless me for safe riding and pray for me and all that nonsense...well here is my intro. Only things I need now are the after market exhaust slip on (prolly a leo vince), the sliders, and a name for my baby :D Btw she's a SE non-abs. Can't wait to ride!
I just stopped by a local church for the "2013 Blessing of the Bikes." It was a pretty cool little event. Ride safe! Have fun!

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
That Yosh chassis-protector (frame-slider) install is a doozy. Prepare yourselves for a few hours. :D Check my video on that if you need help or want to know the difficulties I found with it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That Yosh chassis-protector (frame-slider) install is a doozy. Prepare yourselves for a few hours. :D Check my video on that if you need help or want to know the difficulties I found with it.
I actually watched a couple of your videos earlier before mine was delivered!...

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I have the yoshi sliders on mine and cut is definitely the way to go (just ask my buddy that had to replace his cbr600 engine when the no cut bracket busted it). I have Shoguns on my track bike. The actual material is very brittle looking, pretty sure it'll explode on first impact. Choose a slider with a softer material so it can absorb some impact.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I see no point of putting on frame sliders if you are going to mutilate the plastics to do it .. i have the shogun and they look HOT!! View attachment 3643 View attachment 3644

Welcome to riding and the forum!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I ordered mine before I even saw your post! The deciding factor was whether I really wanted to make holes in my fairings. Just thought about resale value and depreciating (cutting into the bodywork), was just a little too much considering I just got the bike and it only has 8 miles on it. 5 from me learning in the neighborhood ;)

·
Banned
277 Posts
I have the yoshi sliders on mine and cut is definitely the way to go (just ask my buddy that had to replace his cbr600 engine when the no cut bracket busted it). I have Shoguns on my track bike. The actual material is very brittle looking, pretty sure it'll explode on first impact. Choose a slider with a softer material so it can absorb some impact.
I've had shogun sliders on most of my bikes and they are the ideal material (delrin), they aren't brittle but they are soft enough to not catch on something while the bike is sliding, causing the bike to flip/jump. On that note, any metal sliders are the absolute worst for anyone to use. Cut sliders have their own slew of issues that are dependent on the quality of the mount and how large of a hole/cut you make; I've seen too many cut sliders shift inches and destroy the fairing it sits through and the ones connected to it.

What it ultimately comes down to is mounting design, not all slider bases are designed the same so comparing no-cut sliders between two different bikes is apples and oranges.

·
Fast Lane Ukraine
1,343 Posts
Welcome!

I'm new to this forum myself, and won't be getting my bike for another couple of months (trying to get a used 300 right now is like finding a needle in a haystack lol) but I can't wait.

What your parents did was awesome, my parents would do the same after they got done ripping me a new one for getting a bike to begin with. I'm 26, so I am my own man, but my mom is an EXTREME worry wart (if they had a reality show about people like that, she'd be on it). I think I'll be storing my bike in a storage unit for a couple of months lol.

Congrats again and be safe. God bless!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I've had shogun sliders on most of my bikes and they are the ideal material (delrin), they aren't brittle but they are soft enough to not catch on something while the bike is sliding, causing the bike to flip/jump. On that note, any metal sliders are the absolute worst for anyone to use. Cut sliders have their own slew of issues that are dependent on the quality of the mount and how large of a hole/cut you make; I've seen too many cut sliders shift inches and destroy the fairing it sits through and the ones connected to it.

What it ultimately comes down to is mounting design, not all slider bases are designed the same so comparing no-cut sliders between two different bikes is apples and oranges.
Maybe I got a bad batch. But yeah, it depends on how they mount.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts