Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
They have the ZX6R for 6, 200 here in Tampa and that's the 2019 brand new but they only let you sit on it at the dealership they don't let you ride it which I think is stupid. I understand the differences well enough and really wanted it but my credit just wasn't there yet. that's what I just put a new chain on new air filter new spark plugs and I'm going to do a valve inspection and see if I need toreplace some shims.

·
Registered
41 Posts
PS: I would love to do some track riding I've never done that but it's like riding and racing on a track here in Tampa every day for the last 13 years only difference is everyone around me is trying to kill me or just doesn't see me in the super large iPhone blind spot!!! Anyone here in Tampa want to take me on My Little 300 at a track? I find that after losing at something a couple of times I get a lot better and I don't mind it, it's all learning. I can take my little 300 all the way down to the handlebars on a turn I had to do that before on a Honda Shadow 600 when I went to get on an on-ramp for an interstate I had never been on and did not realize it was a 25 mile an hour and I was already doing 60, I seriously seriously learned how to turn quickly that day. I had no idea that a motorcycle could turn like that until that happened. That was 12 years ago.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Is there any reason to go with a 400 and trade in my 300? I know top end speeds are not going to really exceed the 300 but is there really that much extra pickup? I hear it is lighter and handles pretty good for such a light bike. if anyone has any information and they went from 300 to 400 or they've ridden both please post here because I'd really like to know, thanks.

·
Registered
268 Posts
@thecoffeeman813

Track riding is a totally different ballgame compared to street riding. I love it a ton more than being on the street. I can clear my mind and concentrate on the road and not have to worry about all the street crap like inattentive drivers. If you get some decent instructors and are willing to learn new skills (or correct years of bad habbits) you’ll come away a much better rider.

No first hand experience with a 400, but all the racers I know that have switched from the 300 to the 400, absolutely love it. They say the handling actually better, stock on stock and the power is better than a totally tricked out 300. I don’t have the money to switch to the 400, but if I was jumping into the track/race game right now, without a bike, the 400 would be the the way I would go.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'm not sold on trading the 300 to a 400. Rttoys is right though, most have made the switch. I've never seen a 300 at the track, but I try to keep pace with the junior pros on 400s. Doing the research and talking with folks, the wheel base is shorter and contributes to the better handling, and the powerband is wider, meaning more forgiveness at corner speed exit with where you are in the rev range. Plus I think they look better. But, people are winning club races on 300s vs 400s and ktm 390s. Kawasaki just leaked a 4 cylinder 250, so if anything, wait for that!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts