Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the 100roads mile mark this morning so decided to ride to work (30 miles) back roads, 55 speed limit. BEAUTIFUL ride!!! Some fun curvy roads, straight aways, hills, rough bumpy stuff, awesome views and of course pushing the RPMs a little higher was a blast! First bike and I'm stoked!
Ok, I don't want to change anything on the performance side because I'm learning and think it best to just get used to the bike while I learn the skills without trying to make it fast and... different. However, I would like to make it look as rad as possible!
So right now I'm looking for the part of the body on the bottom, its the black plastic that says Kawasaki on it, I want it to be the same color as the rest of that paint job. So mines stardust and I'm looking for that piece also in stadust.
And also if anyone can tell me what that piece is called it would help my search a lot! Thanks!

Ninja 300 White Pearl Stardust
Southern California
28 male 5'6 150 (perfect for my bike)
Just in case anyone was wondering, I like to put an image to the words...

·
Registered
652 Posts
2013 636 has similar looking piece in white. Perhaps it would fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I know paint would be the cheapest route but the texture is different than the rest of the body. Would it look weird? Would the paint adhere to it? Its close to the ground so it will get the most dirt and rocks hitting it... I guess these are questions I should ne asking the peoplewho would be doing it, just posting my thoughts. Thanks for the replies! Any other cool cosmetic mods anyone has done or thought of or found links to?

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you're going down that road, you may be interested in a hotbodies undertail in stardust when they release them next year. I'm getting one, I think they look great. Go to their website and check out the picture's of the 250 undertails.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
If you're going down that road, you may be interested in a hotbodies undertail in stardust when they release them next year. I'm getting one, I think they look great. Go to their website and check out the picture's of the 250 undertails.
+1 for the Hotbodies undertails, these are the shiznit. Mate has one on his 2005 ZX10R and looks absolutely amazing, really cleans up the ass end of the bike.

Next year is decades away............:rolleyes:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yeah, I had one on my R6. Got compliments everywhere I went. It's one of the first things i'll be doing after exhaust. Akrapovic needs get their price out! At least Ninja 300 is an option on their site now.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
+1 for the Hotbodies undertails, these are the shiznit. Mate has one on his 2005 ZX10R and looks absolutely amazing, really cleans up the ass end of the bike.

Next year is decades away............:rolleyes:
All it does it mold the blinkers into the underside of the tail right??

Seen a few pics of ones that covered the brake light, just didnt think it looked right.. But to each his own :)

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
All it does it mold the blinkers into the underside of the tail right??

Seen a few pics of ones that covered the brake light, just didnt think it looked right.. But to each his own :)
It does incorporate the blinkers into the underside but I wouldnt say that this is all it does, is a LED conversion for your turn signals (not sure if the brake light is an LED unit), tail tidy and painted ABS plastic replacement for that crappy wafer thin undertail that is currently there.

Each piece is formed and then trimmed via CNC machinery, coated in paint that matches the factory paint code (which adds a whole new look to the back of the bike if you have a coloured or non black bike) and they utilise SBK turn and brake lights which means that you have the option to install one of the SBK integrated turn/brake lights later on if you wish to do so.

They are also available in a smoke/translucent acrylic undertail, which when the bike is off totally hides your brakelight and becomes completely visible whilst bike is on.

I agree these look stranger on some bikes than others due to the number of different designs that they make for different bikes, I personally am waiting on some pics of what they will be doing for the 300, but below are a few pics of the 250 undertail:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.