Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to purchase all bolts screws and such necessary to install fairings/trim? I purchased a 300 set up for track and it has zip tied fairings with no cutouts for turn signals.

I've looked on eBay/Amazon but I'm not sure if they're correct and have everything needed.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I think they're mostly 4mm and 5mm regular bolts, but they could be 5 and 6mm. Not really sure. I never saw a specific kit with these bolts. But many sellers that part out bikes make a bunch with all the the bolts they took out and sell it as a package. I got one of those packs for $25 to have as spares.

Will you install the race fairings with bolts? Or you have a street fairings set and need the bolts.

If it's a race fairings set, you don't need many bolts, as many of the original bolts hold panels to other panels, and you don't need those.
Look closely on the frame and you will find the bolts mounting points.
I remember two on each side for the main panels, one on each side for the belly pan, the front cowl has four bolts on the mirrors attachment, one two on each side, the tail has one on each side under the passenger seat.

On top of that, you may need some more to hold the main racing fairing with the belly pan. Maybe you have those already? If you don't, you can put whatever you have handy, or get the dzus quick release fasteners.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think they're mostly 4mm and 5mm regular bolts, but they could be 5 and 6mm. Not really sure. I never saw a specific kit with these bolts. But many sellers that part out bikes make a bunch with all the the bolts they took out and sell it as a package. I got one of those packs for $25 to have as spares.

Will you install the race fairings with bolts? Or you have a street fairings set and need the bolts.

If it's a race fairings set, you don't need many bolts, as many of the original bolts hold panels to other panels, and you don't need those.
Look closely on the frame and you will find the bolts mounting points.
I remember two on each side for the main panels, one on each side for the belly pan, the front cowl has four bolts on the mirrors attachment, one two on each side, the tail has one on each side under the passenger seat.

On top of that, you may need some more to hold the main racing fairing with the belly pan. Maybe you have those already? If you don't, you can put whatever you have handy, or get the dzus quick release fasteners.
I'll be putting OEM fairings back on to avoid cutting out holes for turn signals and to improve the looks of the bike. I found some kits on ebay so I hope it comes with all of the nuts bolts and fasteners necessary lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry to inform you that fairing Kits sold on EBAY do not come with any fasteners or bolts. I ordered a set for my 400 when it was crashed and my 750. Neither set came with any bolts. Luckily I had plenty left over from other bikes, and was able to match them up with no problem. eBay sells bolt kits in different colors, you should have no problem finding what you need.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Revzilla has an OEM section where you can source parts from...

Babbitt’s OEM parts is also another source ( I think I picked up my rivets etc from there before )

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone know where to purchase all bolts screws and such necessary to install fairings/trim? I purchased a 300 set up for track and it has zip tied fairings with no cutouts for turn signals.

I've looked on eBay/Amazon but I'm not sure if they're correct and have everything needed.
You should find them here

1 - 7 of 7 Posts