Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 kawasaki ninja 300
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me after you put another motor on your bike,for example the motor that was in it done just over 11000 km,and my onther motor has 20000 km ,dose anyone know how to get digital speedo to change it 20000.???

·
Registered
315 Posts
You can't. Tampering with odometers is a federal offense I believe. That's why you can't just change the mileage.

You can however replace the dash unit. When buying a used engine, see if the buyer is or can include the dash unit if that is important to you.

Otherwise, I would just keep your dash unit, and then make a note in your records that you replaced the engine at XXX miles and it had XXX miles on it at the time of install, and maintain it accordingly.

Afterall, vehicle titles have check boxes for things like "miles do not reflect actual miles on the vehicle" or to something of that nature. After 10 years (at least in my state) the DMV stops even caring what the mileage is. I recently bought a 2004 GSXR750, and I just left the mileage box blank, and got my new title with it blank as well. Heck, the digital dash on it didn't even work, so my engine must have more miles than the odometer says. It's fine.

Hope this helps.
-Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts