Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all members of kawasakininja300.com

:announcement_smilie

We are currently looking for a new moderator to fill the gap that is left whilst myself, cruizin and koreo are not available to be active. Being that myself and cruizin both hail from oz (albeit different sides of the country, WA & QLD) and koreo hails from the US (OH)........we are looking for another current frequently active member from either the US or Canada to help even out the ratio of moderators to location.

Members can either nominate another member or nominate themselves for the position. Of course anyone nominated that does not wish to be involved in moderating, you are more than welcome to refuse as it is fully understandable that not everyone may want get that involved in the site. Of course no decision will be made without the full co-operation and knowledge of the person being nominated.

Please note that there are a couple of prerequisites..........only nominations for members that are fairly active and who have a minimum post count of at least 400 posts will be accepted for this position, *ALSO* must have a pc/laptop *NOT* a mobile device so you can see *ALL* of the forum.

Being a moderator requires the member to be fairly active (at least once a day is preferable) and to have a neutral disposition in regards to threads, posts and responses. Of course by all means you are still a member first and a human being, and in that regard you are still afforded the right to your own personal opinion.........moderator or not. But do be aware that newer members will look towards you for correct, precise and unbiased information when a question may be asked either in threads or via PM's.

Being a moderator also requires the following very important skill:

:storm:

lol

We will keep an updated/revised OP in this thread with the names of those that have been nominated, and the tally of votes that that person has accrued so far for the position.

To date, we have received two submissions for this position. The below list as mentioned above, will be updated as this thread progresses and as any other members are nominated for the position. The thread will be kept active for a minimum of at least 3 days to ensure all members have sufficient and ample time to either submit a nomination or vote.

Current nominees and vote tally:

Spacep0d

Votes: 13

Muilisx

Votes: 3

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please submit your vote or submission by simply posting/replying to this thread with the name of the person you wish to vote or nominate for. Votes will be tallied as the thread progresses.

You can nominate *ANYONE* on the forum

Good luck to all nominees and let the games begin!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Good luck to all nominees and let the games begin!!!!!
'May the odds be ever in your favor.' -The Hunger Games

Thank you for the nomination!

I feel as if I owe everyone an introduction about my qualifications as to why I should be a moderator, a role I would proudly-embrace.

Thank you to the admin, super-moderators, moderators, members, lurkers, prospective-members and my distinguished competition, Muilisx;

The art of moderation is something I understand well and take-seriously. Having been on forums since before there was a public-Internet, and having been on forums of all types, both bad and good, I can confidently say that I am versed in what it takes to be a good moderator. I'm also keenly-aware of what it's like to be a member on a forum with bad moderators. I believe it's critical to understand what to do and what not to do.

One of the features I appreciate about the Kawasaki Ninja 300 forum is that its moderators are competent, accessible, interactive and fair. They're clearly willing to allow members to discuss various issues, even when we may disagree, and carry-on with our civil-discourse to its conclusion. They grasp the importance of resolution with these things, and this to me is not something I take for granted. On a successful forum that's run well, one should not see scores of locked-threads (apart from the obvious for-sale threads or closed polls and such). This site passes that litmus test well, and it's one of the many reasons I've 'invested' my time and energy so heavily.

I have experience running an SMF site (admin), and have also served as a VBulletin Super-Moderator for an SV650 site that launched around 2000, and which saw around 10k members at its height.

A forum is many things, but it needs a good admin, good moderators and good members. This site has all three. To that end, I would be honored to be part of the moderation team.

I humbly ask for your vote.

Thank you,

Spacep0d

--
I'm Spacep0d, and I approve this post.
Voting for: self.
--

·
Registered
865 Posts
not that either would be a bad decision but I like spacepod lol so my votes with him ;D

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
It`s honestly going to be tough going up against Spacep0d. Both him and I would make great moderators. I respect him enough to not try to talk my way into the position.

All I can say is that I`m extremely active. I`m outgoing, and I have a good heart.

I`ve been inquiring about a mod position for some time now so even though I feel a little bummed it has to go down this way, it`s good to have the community involved.

Either winner will make a good addition to the team.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ouchies, and I was rooting for your name to come up in the raffle, lol.
I haven't been that active as of late. If it would have been a few months ago and I wasn't using strictly mobile I'd be glad. If I had won I would have passed it off to either of you guys. In my opinion you two deserve it the most. Just spacep0d has all the tutorials on youtube and all. His little one up in you hahaha

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
I haven't been that active as of late. If it would have been a few months ago and I wasn't using strictly mobile I'd be glad. If I had won I would have passed it off to either of you guys. In my opinion you two deserve it the most. Just spacep0d has all the tutorials on youtube and all. His little one up in you hahaha

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Thanks for your kind words,

Yeah, I`m not really a Youtuber unfortunately so yeah, he does have that on me I suppose.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.