Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone.

Obviously I'm new here from the Coachella Valley (Palm Desert to be exact) and looking to get a Ninja 300 SE ABS. I last rode about 10 years ago and that was on a Honda ACE 750 cruiser but kids arrived and I sold the bike and haven't ridden since. The Ninja 300 will be a city commuter with the occasional freeway trip to Upland, Orange County, and Los Angeles etc..

Even though I'm in my 40s and am 5'10" 190, I believe this motorcycle will perfectly fit what I am looking for (enough speed, great gas milage, low insurance, and the fun factor). If the rumored Yamaha 300 sport bike was out, I'd be looking at that as well, but don't see anything else that compares at this price. (I will possibly check out the Honda CB500F).

I am definitely taking a MSF class in a couple of weeks just as a refresher and am in the early stages of calling dealerships and getting quotes. After checking out Temecula Motorsports, Chaparral, and John Burr Cyles, and reading these forums, I am inclined to go with Burr when the time comes. I just hope the 300 is back on the Costco buyers list.

I am really enjoying the forum and am glad to be here.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Welcome Glock,

You'll love the N-3, and you'll feel right at home here. Just please do me a favor, and add your location to your profile details in the User CP. This will list your location under your name like mine. This will help people help you properly based on your location if needed.

I'm 5'10 too, and I'm about 210, and when I had the 300, it was perfect for me.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hello and welcome! Lots of great people and information here.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Thanks Muilisx. Just added the location. What happened to your 300?
Thanks! I appreciate your corporation Glockaxis.

I went down due to a truck cutting me off. I only had about 7,000 miles on her. She was such a fun bike. You can read more below.

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/8-ninja-300-general-discussion/22601-accident.html

Then, you can check out my 636 progression. Pictures start on page 15.

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/121-ex-300-riders/37897-muilisxs-636-progression-thread.html

·
Registered
210 Posts
welcome to the forum. glad your getting back on two wheels. if your looking between the 300 and the cbr, id get the 300. my bro-in-law got the cbr500r and the fit and finish just falls a lil short, and theres a lot more aftermarket parts available. the only thing that i think that the cbr has over the 300 is the comfortable seat for long distances but that can easily be changed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, the area here can be unbearable during the summer, but the snowbirds(out of state visitors who come during the fall) all leave and they take their shoddy driving skills with them. Having a pool should be a requirement here.

I will keep you posted on the msf course.

Muilisx, sorry to hear about the crash, but am glad you are alright. Your 636 looks awesome!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know this is an old post, but are you still riding and are you still in the Palm Springs area? I live in Palm Springs and am looking for someone to ride with. Just started riding about a month ago

1 - 13 of 13 Posts