Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my Ninja 300 Monday. Listed on Richmond Va craigslist for $4100, bought it for $4 even. Loaded it in my 97 Ranger and hauled it to my home in Williamsburg area in a cold nasty drizzle. Tuesday it cleared up and the sun came out, finally got to the mid 60s in the afternoon.

Grabbed my tags and ins and checked on the single low beam at the dealership which is correct. Got home, tagged the bike, fired it up and went to the gas station in 43 degree weather, topped off the tank.

The bike had 431 miles on the odometer and I put 76.2 on it yesterday. Topped the tank off again with 1.03 gallons. Close to 74 MPG. I did not ride it hard but probably pushed the revs above the break in recommendations. Picked up a filter today for the 600 mile change.

It was originally titled 1/22/13, sold 3/18/13. I asked the gent why he was selling so soon. He tells me his friends told him he couldn't keep up with their 600s. My gain his loss.

regards
Mech

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
did i just read that right, you bought a Ninja 300 for $4???

welcome aboard. almost the cheapest 300. there was 2 guys in usa who got there bike for free after dealership stuffed up & free servicing for next few years too & their money back for the bikes

welcome aboard

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts
welcome. hopefully the bike is ok for such a cheap price.

im originally from virginia. fredericksburg to be exact.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Father moved to Hampton in 1958 to work at Langley AFB. he retired in 1975 and will celebrate his 92nd birthday on May 8th. I graduated from Kecoughtan HS in 1968, so I have a few miles on the old bones. I know Hampton very well, lived off of North King Street on Gilbert when I was going to school a long time ago.

I was on the hunt for a Ninja 300, liked what they had done in response to the CBR250R. I bought a used CBR a while back and rode it 4500 miles. I ride for efficiency in all of my vehicles.

I had 5 bikes at the beginning of this year and after finding my white Ninja, I plan on selling all of the other bikes with one exception. That exception is my 1971 CB350 Honda which has just under 6k miles. It belonged to a friend who passed two years ago and had 4718 miles when I bought it from his widow. he was a nam vet who died from cancer he got from exposure to agent orange.

regards
Mech

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts