Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys, greetz from over the ocean, Hamburg in Germany...sorry for my englisch mistakes :p
Im 20 and want to upgrade from my cbr125r to a ninja 300 in a month. Here it is only aviable in ebony and lime greeen and only with abs by the way. No special edition >.<
So what Im thinking about since my try-drive at the dealership with the 300: are there any possibilities that you can make your seat position more sportier like on a 600er? Lowering the handlebar or something like that? At ebay I just find parts to higher the handlebars...
I want that it all look natural in the end...so no unnatural rear highering or anything...
Thanks for your help:D

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
g'day and welcome aboard. i thought ABS in Europe wasn’t supposed to be mandatory will end of 2015, looks like it has arrived early.

you can lower the handle bars with some "woodcraft" clipons, if you have a look in my signature below and click on the DIY thread there is all kinds of goodies there

your English is just fine, welcome from Australia & thanks for filling in your locatoin details

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, its not mandatory yet but I think every German would chose between abs and non-abs the abs-version, not looked on the price difference...
Well, I still cannot decide if I get ebony and lime green...girl-problems^^
So what else can be done to make it all sportier...?

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Willkommen herr Franz!

There are a ton of mods for the 300 to make it sportier. As-mentioned, the Woodcraft Clipons are a fantastische mod for the canyons. It was the most essential mod for how I like to ride. I have a video of the install and my thoughts linked below.

Other mods are good tires! Replace the stock IRC with something sticky, such as the Pirelli Diablo Rosso II or something that fits the stock size (110 front, 140 rear).

Auf Wiedersehen!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vielen Dank, yes its a bit work for me to understand those technique do-it-yourself-threads because of the specific vocabulary...:p
To be precise, Im Frau Franziska, not a Herr Franz :)....well I hate that name so much^^
Spacep0d, I watch every of your youtube-vids since you both began to post 300er things, you're a little star :cool:
And I always ask myself how much money your mate earn because of all that bikes he has and so on :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ja, I prefer black a bit more, too, but that green catches more eyes..
Sowhat, I hope I can get that woodcraft clipons here, too. Dont know how long for shipping I would must wait...
So your think, I can add the clipons on my own? Or is it complicated?
The idea with the compressor in spacep0ds vid is epic :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And one more problem is that if you change anything on your vehicle in Germany, you must have a paper that shows that the experts say that added part is save and quality and if you dont have that paper its illegal to have it on your bike. And so because the woodcraft parts come from the US there is not that paper for the part and I must ride to the department to have a special access for it, what is expensive and our departments are open monday to thursday from 8 to 13 oclock, when every normal person is working^^

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.