Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm from Ottawa, Canada.

I've been reading alot of posts to aid me in my research in picking my first bike. Based on me now being a member, I'm sure you can guess what I chose!

I pick up my Ninja 300 ABS in Ebony Black this afternoon. Cannot wait! I've never actually ridden a motorcycle before, so that should be interesting. Throughout the past couple of weeks, we have had decent weather, but today its snowing! So, looks like I'll be trailering the bike to my garage, and then staring at it for a few days.

Im waiting for my no-cut frame sliders to come in from the UK as well. I also ordered a tank pad off Ebay, and was able to find a rear seat cowl just now at the dealership. Thanks for all the informative posts and I look forward to learning very soon!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome

Weclome! and IMO good choice! I just got mine almost a week ago.
Sorry to hear you have to trailer it home. I know the feeling somewhat - I drove mine home on a Saturday and by Monday it was cold and snowing so I have had to just "know" that it is out there and waiting to be ridden again. Which should be tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcomes, everyone! Nice to see some other riders from Ontario as well (you feel my pain). I got the bike today. It seems like a perfect fit, not too intimidating, but not something that I will outgrow in one season. I must say, however, it is very challenging to have it sit in the garage and not learn to ride it. I've already installed the seat cowl and plasti-dipped the windshield (and the odometer reads 1km).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi from Montreal! Good choice! I bought my 300SE about a month ago and it is still sitting at the dealer, It is of no use for me to go and get it since the roads look like crap here and there's still like 5 feet of snow on my front-yard. i'll probably go and get it the first week of may.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ya me too, first bike, Moondust color, same city, just waiting for the snow to melt, it's snowing in Ottawa today again! Bought mine last month, the dealers holding it for me until April.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya me too, first bike, Moondust color, same city, just waiting for the snow to melt, it's snowing in Ottawa today again! Bought mine last month, the dealers holding it for me until April.
Did you buy yours at Goodtime Centre?

I NEED warm weather. Until then, I am riding vicariously through youtube members!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's exciting! I went out on mine quite a bit yesterday and it was incredible. Very fun bike and seems perfect for me as a new rider. I work in Barrhaven so will be in the West end quite a bit as well!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts