Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just found this place and signed up.

I've been looking at some small displacement bikes for a couple months now, as much as I would like a 600 the logical/reasonable side in me doesn't really see a need for something like that. The riding I do is in a pretty small town. I would like to do some highway riding so I need to atleast be able to keep up with 70mph traffic etc.

Anyway, I was deciding between the CBR250 and the Ninja250 and the CBR won only because it is FI, I don't want to mess with carbs anymore. But the CBR doesn't have the top end I would like, nor do I really want a single cylinder...kind of sounds like a dirt bike. I love the CBR and would take one but then I found out about the new 300 ninja and my mind is set. I just need to save up some etc...(we just found out we are expecting our second child!) so my purchase may come later on, but the people here seem great and I won't mind hanging out until I actually have my bike.

I'm not new to bikes, rode dirt bikes a lot growing up, nothing really on the street though until maybe a year ago. My current bike is a 74 Honda CL450, I ride that thing everywhere. My father in law gave it to me as a frame and some buckets of parts. I spent about 7 months on it and turned it into a little "cafe racer" style bike. I say style because I really didn't do any suspension or performance upgrades to the bike, so it's not a real cafe racer, just the look. But that all depends on who is giving the definition really.

Anyway, anyone else in/around Texas? East Texas to be more precise.

·
Registered
594 Posts
You went about it the same way I did. Had a desire to add a small replacement bike, decided against the Ninja 250 for the same reason, studied up on the CBR250R, then the Ninja 300 came to light. :)

Welcome, and congrats on the new-to-come young one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

Bthibodeaux, what part of Houston are you in? I'm from there, grew up in the Spring area, right at 1960 & I-45. Moved down to Alief for a while and now I'm a couple hours north of Houston in Nacogdoches. Went to school here and ended up getting a position at the university so I am still up here.

We head down to Houston from time to time, mostly around the Woodlands area, my wife loves it there. We're actually thinking about bringing our daughter to the zoo maybe sometime soon.

Any good dealers down there to check out? There's one kawasaki dealer near me, but they seem to mostly deal in dirtbikes, tractors, atv's etc.

Mike, I've checked out the financing and all, but I want to put a nice down payment along with it to keep payments low and maybe not have to finance for as long. The new baby has kind of thrown some plans off for a bit. Heck, by the time things settle back to "normal" there may be some used ones out there. I just have to be patient for now. Which sucks.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

Bthibodeaux, what part of Houston are you in? I'm from there, grew up in the Spring area, right at 1960 & I-45. Moved down to Alief for a while and now I'm a couple hours north of Houston in Nacogdoches. Went to school here and ended up getting a position at the university so I am still up here.

We head down to Houston from time to time, mostly around the Woodlands area, my wife loves it there. We're actually thinking about bringing our daughter to the zoo maybe sometime soon.

Any good dealers down there to check out? There's one kawasaki dealer near me, but they seem to mostly deal in dirtbikes, tractors, atv's etc.

Mike, I've checked out the financing and all, but I want to put a nice down payment along with it to keep payments low and maybe not have to finance for as long. The new baby has kind of thrown some plans off for a bit. Heck, by the time things settle back to "normal" there may be some used ones out there. I just have to be patient for now. Which sucks.

Hey. I live in the Jersey Village area, but my primary office is in the Woodlands. I work out of the Country much of the time for now, but expect to be back in my Houston home early next year.

My sister and her husband actually both graduated from SFA.

As far as Kawasaki dealerships in the area go, I would recommend Kawasaki of Pasadena for sure. I asked them for their best out the door price via email, and their first quote was $5607 all in. I did not even try to work them down from this price, as I had not received a quote close to this anywhere else, even after trying to haggle with several dealers. When I called them to accept their offer, the salesperson offered to let me speak to her manager. I declined, but this tells me there was probably room to negotiate an even better price. I ordered a black one, so it will be another week or so before it comes in. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey. I live in the Jersey Village area, but my primary office is in the Woodlands. I work out of the Country much of the time for now, but expect to be back in my Houston home early next year.

My sister and her husband actually both graduated from SFA.

As far as Kawasaki dealerships in the area go, I would recommend Kawasaki of Pasadena for sure. I asked them for their best out the door price via email, and their first quote was $5607 all in. I did not even try to work them down from this price, as I had not received a quote close to this anywhere else, even after trying to haggle with several dealers. When I called them to accept their offer, the salesperson offered to let me speak to her manager. I declined, but this tells me there was probably room to negotiate an even better price. I ordered a black one, so it will be another week or so before it comes in. Hope this helps.
Good to know, thanks! I'm still saving up some, want to put down a good down payment and all, keep the monthy payments low. Since we found out about baby #2 I'm trying to get all monthly expenses down as much as I can and all of that.

SFA alums? Recent alumni? The school has grown a lot in the past several years, the town also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts