Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm planning on purchasing a 2013 Ninja 300 in May.

I know this is kinda getting ahead of myself but is there any knowledge on here that compares the different full exhaust systems?

I would like to see the specs compared between them all. As in claimed HP gains, and claimed weight loss.

Can anyone help me with that? I can't seem to find the specs on most of the companies websites.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
g'day mate, theres a few owners on here with full systems fitted to their bikes and im sure will chime in and help out.

i have a two bro's slipon with power commander 5 & k&n air cleaner and it has made huge different to the bike, no more flat spot under 7 grand and over 7 grand it goes quite hard for a 300, im impressed

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey welcome to the forums!

I'm not sure if there are any comparisons with full exhaust systems.
g'day mate, theres a few owners on here with full systems fitted to their bikes and im sure will chime in and help out.

i have a two bro's slipon with power commander 5 & k&n air cleaner and it has made huge different to the bike, no more flat spot under 7 grand and over 7 grand it goes quite hard for a 300, im impressed
Well that would be a very good thread to make wouldn't it?? :D

Exhausts are one of the bigger mods so comparing the benefits of all the different ones should be done. I'm new to this forum and not sure how to use it and such.

Someone want to get that started?

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
You dont really need comparisons as such mate, they all make relatively the same amount of power, within like 1HP of each other.

But you will need to buy a tuner/fuel injection module to increase fuel values as opening the exhaust without this will create a lean running condition, which could lead to detonation.

You may get more out of a full system with ignition changes if using a Power Commander, but making ignition changes to this bike has been highly commented on before and widely regarded by those that manufacture and test the tuners to be not required. So fuel/air changes only are needed, and as another member just posted in the last few days they broke 40HP with a full system and PC5 with only fuel/air changes.

The major factor that I based my decision on was looks. I didnt like the look of the bare welded headers that most of the manufacturers do, so I went with the cleanest looking one which was the Yoshi. Every weld highly polished that is in view. Now that is just the one I thought "looked" the best to my own eyeballs, my mates seeing balls hated the Yoshi, his much preferred the look of the Leo Vince but again, I really didnt like the look of the what I thought were "unfinished" bare unpolished headers.

Power wise, noise wise and weight wise I found through my research (and I did many many weeks of it before deciding on my near thousand dollar purchase when you factor in the cost of a tuner & air filter) that there was very little difference between any of the systems. Slight differenc ebetween the sound pitch, but only if you were to have all different systems in front of you at the same time to make the comparison. I am used to listening to my Yosh now, and even when I hear other 300's go past with the 2Bros or the M4, they dont really sound any different to mine. Still loud, and distinctly parallel twin sounding.

But there is the one biggest difference between the systems, and that is looks. So I would say listen to your eyeballs when they send that signal to your brain telling you that it doesnt really look all that good, or it looks effing wicked. At the end of the day, you and you only will walk out to your Ninja 300 every day and say to yourself damn that looks like sex on wheels. And thats all that matters mate. Pleasing your balls...... :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts