Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I recently sold my yamaha fz6r after breaking my leg, and am getting a 300 this spring. the yamaha was my first bike, and I loved it, but it always felt too big. I think the 300 will be the best size for me. Hoping to learn more about this bike and make some riding friends. everyone be safe out there!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey Kotraba! Did the broken leg happen riding? The 300 is a great bike and I think you will really love it! Welcome to the forum! Ask away!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you! No I actually had a severe break in my leg/ankle resulting in 3 surgeries over a year and a wheelchair for 6 months from tripping and falling down stairs...sober! LOL! I had always wanted a bike, but I made a REALLY bad decision buying the fz. I had never ridden a bike before! I went in, bought it, and laid it down a few times at lights because I had a hard time touching the ground. I am a girl, 5'5, short legs. I plan on lowering the front and back of the 300 and wearing boots when I ride. Anyway, I had to sell it because I was out of work with the broken leg and couldn't afford the payments anymore. I never felt fully in control and comfortable of the fz, but i desperately miss riding, and am hoping this will be the perfect fit for me since i am used to a 600

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you! I appreciate the warm welcome! I used to be on a yamaha forum, but since I was inexperienced everyone was pretty hateful. it doesn't help that I am a girl... got the tire biter comment a lot so I left! thanks again for being awesome guys!

·
Registered
923 Posts
thank you! I appreciate the warm welcome! I used to be on a yamaha forum, but since I was inexperienced everyone was pretty hateful. it doesn't help that I am a girl... got the tire biter comment a lot so I left! thanks again for being awesome guys!
I was on another forum prior to this one as well. The "because you're a girl" and "kitchen" comments were an every day read. It gets old and its not funny. I've found its simply not like that here. Everyone has positive things to say. Although, sometimes there are a few fights, but what good family doesn't have fights. :) I think its the full moon.

Anyway, glad you're here.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome. You might not even need to lower it at 5'5". Although the seat height is the same as an R6, the width is much less.

·
Registered
839 Posts

YAY, Another girl!
Always nice to have fellow female riders to gang up on the guys with..
*cough* I mean um...have meaningful female conversation with.

to the most awesome forum in the world. Mwa ha ha. :p

No, but seriously...we're pretty awesome!

Congrats on the decision to get a 300! You have your mind set on a color yet? They all are very nice looking, I personally was a sucker for the Stardust ;)

I also guess I should add, sit on the bike and feel it out before you decide to lower it. I am only 5'3" and I am comfortable at stock height. I am not completely flat footed, more so on the pads of my feet BUT overall very stable. Helps that the bike has a wonderful balance point.

Tons of info to be learned here, so sit back and dig away.

Also, if there is something in specific you want to look up there is a "search" feature in the black bar at the top of the forum, it's the best way to find specific topics that may already have been posted about. If, however, you do not find it then start up your own thread and have at it :)

Other than that enjoy the forum and ride safe, no more broken legs..no matter how they occur ;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Ohhh... & I play xBox live....
wanna talk about hearing "kitchen" jokes,
oh & fat jokes...let's not forget EVERY female who plays video games is fat, ugly, and belongs in the kitchen. :p

I have heard things that could gag a maggot. lmfao.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha thanks! I'm holding out for the ebony one. My mustang is red and black as is my helmet I use for riding and drag racing my car. I don't have the same strength in my ankle that I did prior to the break, so its uncomfortable for me to stand on my toes. I need to be as flat footed as possible. I'm really hoping to meet some people around my area I can ride with. Thanks again for the warm welcome!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol! I know I talk major shit in mw3! I'm a paramedic as well, so the firehouse language becomes second nature!

·
Registered
839 Posts
I work in the hospital, I totally understand ;)

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You won't receive negative comments here just from being a female, you'll just get it as a jab in the ribs. We all bicker here and there, but it's mostly in good fun and just a clash of strong opinions.

I am sure the 300 will be great for you, and hopefully it works well with your ankle injury. Enjoy!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome aboard, I'm very very new to biking have never ridden before, take my MSG course in April . I'm 5'3 and am not flatfooted on the ground bare feet but am with a bike boot ( short heel ). You'll be fine without lowering it. Also I believe I read that with lowering ones some steering or handling issues or adjustments.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Ohhh... & I play xBox live....
wanna talk about hearing "kitchen" jokes,
oh & fat jokes...let's not forget EVERY female who plays video games is fat, ugly, and belongs in the kitchen. :p

I have heard things that could gag a maggot. lmfao.
I play xbox too! We should play sometime. I play everything but I LOVE to play hockey. Sadly, no other women I've met does. Oh well, it's still fun. At first, the guys always think I'm a boy going through puberty...then they realize I'm a grown woman because I have a much larger vocabulary,than say, a 13year old boy. Lol

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
I play xbox too! We should play sometime. I play everything but I LOVE to play hockey. Sadly, no other women I've met does. Oh well, it's still fun. At first, the guys always think I'm a boy going through puberty...then they realize I'm a grown woman because I have a much larger vocabulary,than say, a 13year old boy. Lol

Do you have NHL 12?

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Yep... I have 09-13. I usually play goalie. When not goalie, I'm a right winger.

I play Left D. We'll have to play some time! My xbox tag is the same as my username on here - NoD GP.

I'm on Netflix 90% of the time but if you get on there just send me an invite.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts