Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,
I'm about to get a new 300 and I was wondering if this gear is good.

Helmet Icon Airmada Rubatone
Jacket A* Megatron Drystar
Pants Tour Master Venture Air
Boots A* S-MX 1 OR Dainese Torque RS Out
Gloves A* SP-2
Base Layer Rukka Outlast Shirt/Pants

I live in North Carolina, where it can get in the 100's in the summer and 20's in the winter.
Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
:welcome:

I have the Airmada in a different color and I love it. Gets great airflow, and is super comfortable on my head. (I also live in North Carolina.)

I can't really help you with the other gear, but from what I've heard most of the brands you picked are pretty great for safety gear.

Congrats on your purchase, and hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Icon Alliance Dark is a great alternative to the Airmada, if you're on a budget and wanting a rubatone helmet. Comes with a dark smoke, and clear visor, and I find it to be a better fit than the Airmada, but it might be because of my big head. :laugh:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I started with a Rubatone. LOVED it. Fit great.

Moved to the Ghost Carbon. Like the weight, but its very loud, and doenst fit as well (little tighter).

Would still rock the Rubatone but a friend of mine is borrowing.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have the alliance dark as well and it fits great. Can't say much about the air flow though and am wondering if the airmada flows more air.

When I was searching for boots, I actually chatted with a revzilla rep about the smx1 boots. He suggested they weren't very protective. Having said that, I know lots of people have them. I, however, chose to go with the smx6 boots, specifically, the perfed version and they are fantastic. Extremely comfortable and flow tons of air.

BTW, before buying any gear, PM Mike from Rider's Discount on the forum. Ask him for prices and he'll work wonders. He's great and the customer service is fabulous. I actually got my boots from him instead of revzilla :biggrin:

D.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.