Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fast Lane Ukraine
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Don't have a bike of any kind and never did, but the 300 will my first whenever I can find a good deal on a used one. For now I will lurk and learn what there is to learn about the bike.

Focusing on getting my license and doing the BRC (I guess like MSF?) course - basic riders course.

Currently, I drive a slightly modified 2007 Infiniti M35x and work in IT.

·
Fast Lane Ukraine
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks guys.

So, I'm handing my permit in hopefully on Friday and then my MSF/BRC course is on 8/1 and 8/2. In the mean time, I have been looking at gear and have the following slated for phase 1 (helmet, jacket, and gloves). Shoes/boots and pants will come a bit later.

Can you folks let me know your opinion on them or if you have any experience with these exact items?

Helmet - GMax GM68 MAX Helmet - Link
Jacket - Teknic Supervent Mesh Jacket - Link
Gloves - Icon Pursuit Perforated Touch Screen Gloves - Link

Eventually:

Shoes - Alpinestars Fastlane Shoes - Link
Pants - Speed and Strength Rage with the Machine Jeans - Link

---------------

As I have a car that I actually, truly, love driving...my plan is to only ride when it's dry and very nice out. No 40* morning commutes to work for me, most likely. So, I'm trying to find gear that breathes well.

For reference, I'm 5'11" and 205lb. Mostly a stocky upper built...so not sure if sizing will be very accurate. I do plan to go to a local bike shop that has a large selection to try stuff on (they carry some of these items).

If any of you have any other recommendations for good items, please let me know!

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts