Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

So, I'm in New York City riding around. :redface: I joined this forum because it helped me a lot when I was looking into getting my ninja and because I wanna be a part of the community. Wanna, gotta. whateva.
I'm looking for fellow motorcyclists to hang out with. None of my friends have motorcycles and they don't get it.

Feel free to say hello,

Sno.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Riding in the city sucks. And it's hot as balls with the sun on you during 90 degree days and you're stopping every 300ft for a red-light. :)

Welcome. There are quite a few of us from NYC/NJ.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Welcome and congrats. What part of the city are you in? Got some friends in Queens, Brooklyn and Manhattan that ride. Friend of mine from Manhattan actually is trying to convince me to sell him my 300.

Reactions: snoride

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've been living in NW Connecticut for 8 years and never been to New York City farther than that huge Japanese grocery market. It's lovely to have you, but it will be a snowy day in hell when I take a bike to NYC. Now, if you wanted to experience the serene, bucolic Berkshires on two wheels, let me know!!

·
Registered
887 Posts
I wonder if it's worse than San Francisco

·
Registered
996 Posts
Traffic at its worst is the same in both cities, but it's at its worst in NY a higher percentage of the time, and on a larger % of streets. The hills in SF are terrifying in their own right, though. There's one short street by Ghiradelli square that I swear is like a 45 degree incline!

Reactions: Gawernator

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Drivers are more aggressive here. Especially in Manhattan. I've driven in San Francisco. Don't get me wrong. Crap load of traffic, but drivers are less of an asshat.

But I was terrified of the hills though! NYC is so freaking flat it's not even funny. Had to pull the hand brake at lights before engaging the friction zone (car). If not, I'll move 3ft backwards!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is so cool!

Thanks guys for the warm welcome! I didn't expect it!

Cloud9, unicorns are awesome. LOL.

I don't know, but I love riding in NYC. There are a few crazies out here, but for the most part it is not so bad. I do want to do other types of riding, but I'm so new that I'm just taking my time. mmshiro, I'll take you up on your offer some day.

BrownBiker, don't sell your ninja! lol. I'm in Queens, close to everything.

Cadd, I used to have a friend that would say, "It's hotter than Satan's balls!" This is going to be my first summer riding and being ATGAT, I'm expecting the worst.

·
Registered
887 Posts
"Help you out"

;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
411 Posts
NYC is the best and can't be compared to. I grew up in Jamaica/Richmond Hill/South Ozone Park and lived there for all but the last 4 years of my life. Aint that the truth about Queens though, always have everything nearby.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.