Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Ninja 300 for less than a month and some b**ch without insurance crashed into me. The entire foot peg mount was knocked off and the gear shifter curled into itself, along with some fairing damage. I'm very lucky to only have a bruised foot. I joined because I wanted to ask about my chain, I'm not sure if the wreck affected it at all. Does my chain look too loose in my attached images?

Attachments

· Registered
79 Posts
I've had my Ninja 300 for less than a month and some b**ch without insurance crashed into me. The entire foot peg mount was knocked off and the gear shifter curled into itself, along with some fairing damage. I'm very lucky to only have a bruised foot. I joined because I wanted to ask about my chain, I'm not sure if the wreck affected it at all. Does my chain look too loose in my attached images?
If the chain is loose I'd be more worried about the swingarm being bent or the rear tire out of alignment.
Check those first.

· Registered
28 Posts
New Bike Got In Accident

Awe Gaige , that really bites bad :( So sorry this happened. I think the chain looks fine, but I would follow the advice
given. Advise your insurer of the woman's name ( licence picture if you took a cell phone pic of it ) and what happened
plus give them pics of the damage, and then have a Kawi shop check your swingarm , wheel etc.
I really hope you have good info on the b**ches name, type of car, that sort of thing. Make good and sure as possible
that your insurer isn't going to put any negative stuff on your record too.
I hope you'll stick around the site Gaige ; I'm a newbie to the Ninja 300 ( but have been riding for years ) and this site is
full of polite , kind and knowledgeable folks.

Best regard,
Darren

PS - I learned not very long ago that if anyone carries a cell phone, try and get a clear picture of the other drivers licence,
insurance, plate number etc when this sort of thing happens. It could come in handy if there are disputes.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone. I was able to ride around in first gear a bit and the chain is rubbing the top of the swing arm for sure. I guess I'll have a mechanic look at that and the tire alignment tomorrow. As for what happened, a girl made a negligent left turn into oncoming traffic and stopped right in front of me. I was able to avoid a head on collision, but the side of my bike hit the side of her car. I'm dealing with her insurance right now, but it's likely going to take some time and she may not even be covered? I'm prepared to pay out of pocket to fix it though, and I'm counting my blessings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.