Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 is in need of a new battery. Is there any reason not to get one from the dealer?

·
Registered
228 Posts
like with most (all?) things motorcycle related, you can probably find it cheaper online...but if you have an interest in helping to keep your local dealer in business then it's probably a good idea to purchase things from them.

I did get my last battery from Amazon but I tend to buy my brake fluid, coolant, filters, gaskets, etc. from the dealer. I like to give them some business and I it's a good excuse to go in and look at new bikes!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
like with most (all?) things motorcycle related, you can probably find it cheaper online...but if you have an interest in helping to keep your local dealer in business then it's probably a good idea to purchase things from them.

I did get my last battery from Amazon but I tend to buy my brake fluid, coolant, filters, gaskets, etc. from the dealer. I like to give them some business and I it's a good excuse to go in and look at new bikes!
My dealer knows me on a first name basis. They just ask "which bike" as I have 3 different bikes under the brands they sell.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Would they install the battery for you for free?
If so, I might go with them (for reasons iahawk mentioned).

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would they install the battery for you for free?
If so, I might go with them (for reasons iahawk mentioned).
The battery is out as the bike is winterized. My plan would be to bring the old one there, get a new one, put it in the bike and be ready for spring riding.

·
Super Moderator
2,525 Posts
The battery is out as the bike is winterized. My plan would be to bring the old one there, get a new one, put it in the bike and be ready for spring riding.
Keep in mind that, unless your dealer charges it, new batteries do not come with a full charge. I'm seen so many people drop a new battery in and then think they have electrical issues because they didn't realize the batteries aren't fully charged out of the box.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keep in mind that, unless your dealer charges it, new batteries do not come with a full charge. I'm seen so many people drop a new battery in and then think they have electrical issues because they didn't realize the batteries aren't fully charged out of the box.
Thank you for that. I will throw it on a trickle charge for a day before putting it in the bike

·
Registered
549 Posts
Even though I am quite sure that you can find a less expensive battery online, " PERSONALLY ", I have purchased a number of items from a local small motorcycle repair shop. Which just happens to be only one mile from my home. Mind you we live more or less out in the country, thus I try to give this small business owner some of my business. Even though he primarily repairs Harley's. And from time to time I do have work performed on my 300 and my Yamaha at our local name brand dealer. It is nice to know them personally and have your name and vehicles in their computer system,

The point that I am making is that it is nice to have a personal relationship with a dealer or repair shop. You never know when you may need them and it helps if they remember you. 👍

1 - 11 of 11 Posts