Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just got a mint condition 300. Downsizing from a Honda 599/Hornet 600
First impressions: Absolutely stunning. The first and second gear redlining is quite exhilarating, just as much fun as the 599 but in different ways, far less likely lose my licence. It feels like it's accelerating like the 599 but it isn't. So if it feels like it does then that's all that matters. I'm no racer. I just wish they sold more in Europe. I've never seen one other except in a shop.
Really enjoying reading the forums here. 馃榿

Registered
Hi, just got a mint condition 300. Downsizing from a Honda 599/Hornet 600
First impressions: Absolutely stunning. The first and second gear redlining is quite exhilarating, just as much fun as the 599 but in different ways, far less likely lose my licence. It feels like it's accelerating like the 599 but it isn't. So if it feels like it does then that's all that matters. I'm no racer. I just wish they sold more in Europe. I've never seen one other except in a shop.
Really enjoying reading the forums here. 馃榿
What color did you get? Pics? Here is my white 2013.....
0DCCFDEE-E9D8-4274-92FA-71EEF47F31AB.jpeg

Super Moderator
It is indeed loud. It's not as loud as the Panigale 1199 that also resides in my garage, but it still gets noticed.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
That is what I call a sticky tyre! Do you ever web cam it? I have seen 300s take 600s and 1000s on corners on a track and the get trashed on the straights. Ha!
But I bet there isn't too much lap time difference....

Registered
Sorry, I meant Go Pro not webcam 馃榿
My friend that I go to most track days with has a Go Pro, we keep meaning to bring it. I am old school and would have to have my kids help me download any footage. I am decent on the 300 and have late braked a few big bikes but I have seen others with more experience pass the bigger bikes in the corners like they were standing still 馃槺馃槺馃槺!!! As the saying goes...... it鈥檚 not the bike, it鈥檚 the rider!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Great to hear someone else is old school and has a 300. I'm 54 but had 600s, so can ride bigger. Do you see lots of 300s on US tracks, streets? In UK bikes are mainly 125's then mainly 600s with little in between.
Enjoy your track day.

Registered
Great to hear someone else is old school and has a 300. I'm 54 but had 600s, so can ride bigger. Do you see lots of 300s on US tracks, streets? In UK bikes are mainly 125's then mainly 600s with little in between.
Enjoy your track day.
Youngster I am 56 馃槀馃槀馃槀!!! I have both a gsxr 600 and 750. I started riding the track in 2008 on a 750. The little bikes are very popular on the track these days. Still see plenty of 300s, Ktm 390, R3 and 400. The 400 is the hot bike to have now on the track. Seems there are more 1000s on the streets these days. Thanks, I will try to keep the bike out the woods!!! You win the track day when you and the bike go home in one piece!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Yes the 400 is a big improvement but nothing like the 4 cylinder 400s of the 1990s. ZXR400 etc I had a kawa Zephyr 400 馃榿 Bikes are expensive in UK compared to US so it's a big jump in price from my 2012 7k miles machine to a new 400 and I think my 300 looks better anyway. I'd be paying 拢1k plus for one. I think the latest 650 would be more sensible than the 400 coming from the 300

Super Moderator
I bet the Ninja 300 is more fun and at least as good looking. ;)
Have you done track day on either?
I've thought about a track day with the 300, but I am old and don't bounce as well as I did 20 years ago.

And yes, I actually prefer the Ninja 300 - it's easier to ride and a lot more comfortable for longer periods of time. The Panigale is terrific if you want to go really fast for 20 or 30 minutes. 馃槀

1 - 17 of 17 Posts