Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
So I was putting on my new bar ends and damn they are on there. Finally got the left one...then went to get the right and stripped the hell out of it. Whats the best way to get this out now? Thank you guys for all your help!

·
Registered
330 Posts
So I was putting on my new bar ends and damn they are on there. Finally got the left one...then went to get the right and stripped the hell out of it. Whats the best way to get this out now? Thank you guys for all your help!
are you saying you stripped the screw holding the stock bar end in??? there are a few ways with dealing with stripped screws...I don't know what you were using to get it out to begin with but I recommend some sort of impact driver...you could try getting a dremel with a disc and cutting a slot into the screw then using a flat head bit and an impact driver to get it out...if its still pretty stuck you can heat up the end of the screw with a torch first.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Blowtorch for heat and an impact driver if it isn't too badly stripped. Heat the bar end for a min then loosen it up with the impact driver. There's red loctite on those screws.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
239 Posts
not to hijack your thread, but on the topic of stripped screws

i stripped my mirror bolts when i tried to take them out today

anyone know the size/specs of the bolt?

·
Banned
277 Posts
Drill out the head of the screw, remove the bar end, heat the remaining screw with a torch, remove with vice grips.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Drill out the head of the screw, remove the bar end, heat the remaining screw with a torch, remove with vice grips.
That's what I did, wish I had seen this thread first so I wouldn't have felt like the only one Hahaha. Right side also... Drilled he bolt head right off and vice gripped the rest out of it's red loctited home.

·
Registered
210 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts