Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, can anybody tell me what this small piece of hardware is and where to find more of them. I've posted pics of it and where it belongs in the bike it's a small clip with a 5mm bolt welded into it. It fits on top of the integrated tail light but I'm not sure if it's included in the stock parts of the bike or it came with the TST integrated light.I bought the bike with the TST already installed on it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's an OEM part. You are right, it is found in the fairing and plastics for fastening a screw to a hole on a piece of plastic. There are many places you can buy OEM ones, wholesale dealers and such. I usually use PZ, and I think many other big name shops are beginning to carry large amounts of OEM parts. I like PZ because they have exploded diagrams with the part numbers to show you exactly what you are getting.

Just look for a shop that sells OEM Kawi parts. I don't know if there was a rule on this forum or another one about listing shop names, that's why I said it like that. But yeah just google around and find a reputable shop in your area and you'll be good.

-Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Would you happen to have a part number? I've looked at the exploded diagram for the tail piece and I can't find anything that resembles that, just a regular 5 mm nut

·
Registered
144 Posts
I believe it is 92105-1627. It is described as "Nut, 5mm" but the picture is pretty clear that it is the piece you are describing. However, even googling for that number doesn't bring up anything... On PZ I found that number, and on their diagrams, the part also goes by "92015A". Unfortunately, as most OEM screws go, they list it as $4.80 per piece. Yikes. But if you need it, a small price to pay. Hope this helps!

-Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe it is 92105-1627. It is described as "Nut, 5mm" but the picture is pretty clear that it is the piece you are describing. However, even googling for that number doesn't bring up anything... On PZ I found that number, and on their diagrams, the part also goes by "92015A". Unfortunately, as most OEM screws go, they list it as $4.80 per piece. Yikes. But if you need it, a small price to pay. Hope this helps!

-Mike
Thank you I really appreciate it. In the meanwhile ive found some suppliers that sell packages of them. Theyre called U nuts or clip on nuts. They arent quite the same specifications as in length and width though, but the nut is a 5mm and looks like it might fit. On amazon a package of 20 goes for about $20.00. Im thinking weather I should pay the $5 for a single one, at least if I do that I know its the right size lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts