Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be at NCBIKE 6/20 & 6/21 with both the 300 and 400. I will be doing the MotoGladiator Race on 6/20 on the 400. This will be my 1st time riding the CCW direction and the new chicane they put it. Should be most interesting. Hope the weather holds up, as of now sat is looking very suspect but Sunday is looking good!
D4E9B1F6-3AEE-4A23-9C9E-20114EC2B0EF.jpeg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are the differences between the 2 on the track?
I have a unique perspective since I recently had a 2011 N250, which I sold to get the 300. IMO the 300 feels closer in performance to the 250, power wise. My 250 never made it too the track, didn’t have it long enough. Ballpark figures, the n250 has 28hp, the n300 39hp and the n400 50hp. You would think since the 300 is fuel injection it would be closer in performance to the 400, NOT!!! The 400 feels like it has at least 20HP more than the 300. I can power wheelie the 400 in 1st gear with no problem. I just had the ECU flashed on the 300 and that gave it a little more zip, I will see how it feels at the track this weekend. The 400 has a full exhaust, aftermarket air filter and custom dyno tune, and R6 throttle mod. The 300 has a slip on, aftermarket air filter and ECU FLASH, and R6 throttle mod. The 250 had a slip on, aftermarket air filter and R6 throttle mod. Never messed with the carbs.

All 3 bikes handle awesome, seems like the 250 and 300 have a bit more room to slide back in the seat to get into a better BP than the 400. Just the 400 has more kick and pulls harder in every gear. All 3 bikes have that FUN FACTOR, just the 400 has MORE of it!!!
3413D67E-68FF-4148-B493-62F64FADF057.jpeg

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for the comparison!

I was thinking of getting into track days but the cost of getting gear, trailer, mods, track time etc. etc. is a bit high for me. The nearest track is about 4 hrs away. I also don't think my rickety bones would handle a wipe out too well :p

Have fun! :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comparison!

I was thinking of getting into track days but the cost of getting gear, trailer, mods, track time etc. etc. is a bit high for me. The nearest track is about 4 hrs away. I also don't think my rickety bones would handle a wipe out too well :p

Have fun! :D
I do agree, as we age us old farts take forever to heal. 🤣🙁 The track is the safest environment to crash in. AND you will get medical attention immediately should you crash bad enough to need it. There are still plenty of n300 out there on the track. I did around 6 sessions on it this weekend and it was definitely a learning experience. The 300 is an excellent track bike. Getting there is 90% of the battle. My advice to you is DO IT!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Next up for me is 6/29 at Summit Point. Will be my 1st time there this season!
Let us know how the track is. How is the overall vibe at a track? I heard it's pretty chill. People camping out, bbq, family, kids etc. Are there really the stereotypes like the gung ho guys who think they are Marc Marquez or the dudes with expensive liter bikes, top gear, mods etc. that go all out on the straights but go super slow in the curves. Or the old gurus that seem to have an encyclopedic knowledge of just about everything.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let us know how the track is. How is the overall vibe at a track? I heard it's pretty chill. People camping out, bbq, family, kids etc. Are there really the stereotypes like the gung ho guys who think they are Marc Marquez or the dudes with expensive liter bikes, top gear, mods etc. that go all out on the straights but go super slow in the curves. Or the old gurus that seem to have an encyclopedic knowledge of just about everything.
It’s all of the above!!! 🤣🤣🤣 The atmosphere is very family oriented. Some bring the whole family, kids, dogs, mothers fathers etc. Many cook out and throw down with some serious grilling at lunch time. Some tracks have vendors with food. More and more women have been getting into the sport over the years. You will see all types of bikes from the latest greatest to ones held together by zip ties and duct tape! The smaller bikes have gained in popularity over the years. Everyone is super helpful, if you need a tool, a bike part, advice, etc someone will help you out. I started riding the track on a GSXR 750, then a GSXR 600, then a 400. The smaller bikes are cheaper to run at the track. They are easier on tires and gas. AND they are more fun than riding the bigger bikes! You learn allot more on a smaller bike since you are not relying on power. The handling is plain awesome. YES it’s quite rewarding to late brake a big bike that just came screaming by you in the straights!👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 I did many sessions on the 300 and had a blast. I am now used to it and I got in some nice passes on the bigger bikes!!!
The track day is pretty controlled, so it is safe and you can learn and ride at a pace you are comfortable with. ALL first time track riders have to take the beginners class so you learn what to do out there. You follow a coach around at a slow pace and learn the line and gradually pick up the pace though out the day. There are usually plenty of coaches who are more than happy to help you out. It’s a very fun environment and VERY ADDICTIVE!!! You will learn more in 1 track day than 5 years on the street. The 300 is the perfect bike to start riding the track!!! 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Headed to NYST this Friday 7/3. Won’t be bringing the 300 this trip. My friend and I will be on the 400s. He wants to bring his 2011 750 to have the suspension set by the suspension expert at the track. Only room for 3 bikes in the trailer.
DC4D5F1D-C21D-4B5C-A2E3-B237ACD80F04.jpeg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts