Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help!!!! Opinions severely needed

So pretty much like the header states. I just received the call moments ago that my SE Ninja had just arrived to my dealers warehouse out in california waiting to be shipped here to ohio. I have been waiting for this bike ever since mid February when i put my reservation payment down for the bike. But one major problem i have now is that since business is slow for the company i work for, my hours got reduced from 40+ hrs/and possibilities of over time, down to 32 a week. Business is still slow and i could be at risk of losing my job. The worst case scenario is that i turn around and sell the bike and get about 90%-95% of my money when selling it on craigslist or something of that nature.

Although this is a personal matter(obviously, lol:)) i would really like and appreciate any feedback and/or advice as to what you guys would do in that sort of situation/predicament).

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts
Competition acc didnt have any in stock?? I would have came out here to columbus and went to Iron pony or ASk ( where i got mine)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Competition acc didnt have any in stock?? I would have came out here to columbus and went to Iron pony or ASk ( where i got mine)
Competition acc did have one, i live like 30 min from there. They actually had a few more than that, but they wanted like 5.99% intrest rates and $6800 for the bike, i found one in kettering for way cheaper than that. All the pricing was for the SE ABS.

·
Registered
392 Posts
If you can get your deposit back and feel like you might not be able to afford the bike, then back out. They will sell it to someone else and shouldnt have issues selling it as its a hot item. Dont put yourself into debt or lose money if you dont need too.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Help!!!! Opinions severely needed

* A REPOST OF A PREVIOUS THREAD I STARTED EARLIER, IT WASN'T GETTING MUCH RESPONSE.

So pretty much like the header states. I just received the call moments ago that my SE Ninja had just arrived to my dealers warehouse out in california waiting to be shipped here to ohio. I have been waiting for this bike ever since mid February when i put my reservation payment down for the bike. But one major problem i have now is that since business is slow for the company i work for, my hours got reduced from 40+ hrs/and possibilities of over time, down to 32 a week. Business is still slow and i could be at risk of losing my job. The worst case scenario is that i turn around and sell the bike and get about 90%-95% of my money when selling it on craigslist or something of that nature.

Although this is a personal matter(obviously, lol:)) i would really like and appreciate any feedback and/or advice as to what you guys would do in that sort of situation/predicament).

Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
296 Posts
Its a very sticky predicament you're in. Depends on how much you put down and if you're willing to wait it out to see if you're still going to be unemployed by the time your bike arrives. If you pull out your reservation payment will there be a penalty for it? If there is I say get the bike and if bad turns to worse then resell on CL. You will take a slight hit and as great as this bike is, desperate times call for desperate measures. Best of luck my friend!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
320 Posts
If u dont have too many other things to pay i say go for it but if u have alot of stuff on ur plate i say just sell it or if u can cancel the sell

·
Registered
14 Posts
One......these bikes are so popular right now that you shouldnt have any problem getting most of your money back if you must end up selling.

Two......if it will be a daily rider for you hopefully you would get some relief at the gas pump.

Three......Nothing is guarenteed in job security and finances these days.

Get the most out of life and enjoy it. Money is meant to be spent....Can't take it with you when you are gone.
Nothing wrong with living life while enjoying what you like.

Ive been lucky that my wife and i havent been affected as many have. Hope things take a turn for the better for you. Get out and ride !!!

·
Registered
618 Posts
LOL thats horrible advice. The guy lost hist full time. He may lose his job. Your telling him to go buy a motorcycle. He is from ohio he will ride the thing for 3 months.

He will need gear and insurrance.

This motorcycle will cost him money he doesnt have. If he is worried about it now there is a reason. These bikes only cost 5-6000. If you dont have enough to just buy the thing or your worried about paying such a small payment you should not be buying it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
The worst thing you can do if you think there is even the slightest posability you might lose your job is buy something you can not afford to purchase in cash right this instant.

Yes if you got the bike you could sell it...but selling takes time and it's very likely you won't find someone willing to pay higher than retail for it (because you would've paid higher than retail for it after shipping/dealer fees).

I suspect you'd be looking at maybe recouping 85% of your initial investment unless you find someone that REALLY wants it. On top of that there is always the potential that you may get into an accident or drop the bike thus causing it to lose even more value.

I lost my job a few years back, they didn't give me a heads up by cutting back hours so I wound up in a financially bad situation due to the timing, and not having a job for 8+ months. I ended up having to relocate, sell my house, car, and most of my other possessions and 2.5 years later I'm just coming out of the debit pit.

The $6,500 or so you'd pay for the bike will come in mighty handy if you lose your job, the bike...well that would be less handy...

My advice? Find a new job with better hours and then buy the bike :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
LOL thats horrible advice. The guy lost hist full time. He may lose his job. Your telling him to go buy a motorcycle. He is from ohio he will ride the thing for 3 months.

He will need gear and insurrance.

This motorcycle will cost him money he doesnt have. If he is worried about it now there is a reason. These bikes only cost 5-6000. If you dont have enough to just buy the thing or your worried about paying such a small payment you should not be buying it.
not telling him to go buy a motorcycle.....he pretty much already has. not likely he'll get deposit back from dealer. hopefully he had already figured in gear and insurance costs to begin with.

if he's asking for advice from people that don't even know his situation, then to me he's saying he has a choice of what to do. if it's possible to get out of the deal and he's in that bad of shape then i figure he would have already done that.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies and sorry for the double post, i was trying to get quick responses and one thread wasn't getting that accomplished for me.

Ok, so a little background to help fill you guys in on my predicament so to speak, NO... i have not bought the bike, just simply put $100 down to reserve it. I don't really have expenses due to the fact that i am living at home since graduating college last may. I found a job kind of in the field that i studied and have been working since august for them. I have saved quite a bit of cash, basically enough to buy multiple 300's, the thing is though the money is going towards my graduate studies which is why i am still living at home. i have figured the cost of everything and i am willing to take a financial hit. I figured if worst case scenario comes about i can throw it up on CL for about 85-90% of what i bought it for and get some of my monies worth. Im tired of being bored as $#!# around here and have been looking at the 300 since its release and have been actively reading article after article while keeping up to date on this forum.

After hearing some good feed back from you guys, which was much appreciated, i think i am going to go through with my decision, it may not be the right one at this point in time of my life and all, but it sure will be a fun one. Reading what you guys have to say about the bike kept getting me excited over time and i don't want to miss out on this opportunity

Besides, taking out a loan will help me to build credit since all i have used in life was a credit/debit card, so finanially there are a few perks that will help me to become a better and smarter consumer, haha

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Thanks for the replies and sorry for the double post, i was trying to get quick responses and one thread wasn't getting that accomplished for me.

Ok, so a little background to help fill you guys in on my predicament so to speak, NO... i have not bought the bike, just simply put $100 down to reserve it. I don't really have expenses due to the fact that i am living at home since graduating college last may. I found a job kind of in the field that i studied and have been working since august for them. I have saved quite a bit of cash, basically enough to buy multiple 300's, the thing is though the money is going towards my graduate studies which is why i am still living at home. i have figured the cost of everything and i am willing to take a financial hit. I figured if worst case scenario comes about i can throw it up on CL for about 85-90% of what i bought it for and get some of my monies worth. Im tired of being bored as $#!# around here and have been looking at the 300 since its release and have been actively reading article after article while keeping up to date on this forum.

After hearing some good feed back from you guys, which was much appreciated, i think i am going to go through with my decision, it may not be the right one at this point in time of my life and all, but it sure will be a fun one. Reading what you guys have to say about the bike kept getting me excited over time and i don't want to miss out on this opportunity

Besides, taking out a loan will help me to build credit since all i have used in life was a credit/debit card, so finanially there are a few perks that will help me to become a better and smarter consumer, haha
Life is short. Have fun while your here. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts