Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, Im from East Bay Area . 2 days ago I got accident on Berryessa Lake , and all the left side of my bike was damage , the right side is fine with perfect .

I towed my bike to dealership ( the place I purchased ) and today I got phone call from Geico and they told me my bike total loss because frame side had been damaged , and now Im waiting for price value from them ( just 1200 miles on ODO and still finance $500 ) .

Anybody here have total loss before ? Should I need to take my bike to different shop for fix ? And if not , how much for price value gonna be ?

Sorry for English , because that 's my 2nd language

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Your Insurance company decided to total the bike, not the dealership.
Not unusual as it's usually based on current value versus the price of parts and labor to fix it back. If you want, see if the Insurance adjuster will provide you a copy of the parts and such

You just have to wait on them.

·
Registered
393 Posts
total loss by insurance they are going to take the bike and give you 4700... not counting if the person who hit u has insurance they will pay for deductable and all that... but u will proble get a check for about 4700 since i see ur in cali and thats the range i got on mine

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi folks, Im from East Bay Area . 2 days ago I got accident on Berryessa Lake , and all the left side of my bike was damage , the right side is fine with perfect .

I towed my bike to dealership ( the place I purchased ) and today I got phone call from Geico and they told me my bike total loss because frame side had been damaged , and now Im waiting for price value from them ( just 1200 miles on ODO and still finance $500 ) .

Anybody here have total loss before ? Should I need to take my bike to different shop for fix ? And if not , how much for price value gonna be ?

Sorry for English , because that 's my 2nd language
I've had 2 totaled bikes in the past year or so. (Bad luck/I suck.) I got msrp+tax with the first one (Ninja 250) from the other guys insurance and got hit for depreciation and the deductible by my insurance company when I killed the second bike (CBR250r) myself. The Ninja had a cracked frame but even without that being factored in the cost of replacing everything else still would've met the criteria for totaling and the cost to fix everything on the CBR was $1000+ more than the cost of a new bike.

·
Banned
48 Posts
With all my friends that crashed their bikes. It seems that any frame damage would even if it was just scratched the insurance company would total it. Happened to a couple of my buddies already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts