Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
81 - 100 of 114 Posts

· Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 · (Edited)
Thanks for the nicely detailed review. This will be my next bike once I am off my restricted licence. I have talked to others who have summarised it pretty much the same.

I have a question about build quality though, while I love my 300 I do think that Kawi took a lot of shortcuts to get the price down, I hope they didn't do the same for the 636?
The build quality on the 636 is way better than the 300. Everything from the fairings to the gauges are a better quality.
But I feel that's expected with a budget commuter based sport bike like the 300.

· Registered
422 Posts
Well that, and the experience will help me with insurance too, it cost me 3x less to insure a 300. They wanted me to pay over $2,500 for the year to insure a 636 and they would only accept 2 payments within a month of each other, not month to month. On the 300 I paid about $900 for the year and I was able to wipe that out in one payment

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
1,526 Posts
Well that, and the experience will help me with insurance too, it cost me 3x less to insure a 300. They wanted me to pay over $2,500 for the year to insure a 636 and they would only accept 2 payments within a month of each other, not month to month. On the 300 I paid about $900 for the year and I was able to wipe that out in one payment

I was quoted 2300 for 2012 r6, 1350 for 2012 zx6, I paid 200 full year full coverage for the 300.. I'll such with the 300a bit longer. Maybe pick up the Yamaha 250 as a second bike if they actually release it..

· Registered
685 Posts
Wtf, why am I paying $83/mo for full coverage with lower deductibles on my 300?!? I have Geico, Progressive was even higher. I'm a 34yo male with 1 ticket for an illegal turn and a couple of Not at fault accidents.

Crap, sorry to bust up your thread, just was reading through and saw all the insurance talk and totally lost track of what the thread was even about! Lol

· Registered
422 Posts
Wtf, why am I paying $83/mo for full coverage with lower deductibles on my 300?!? I have Geico, Progressive was even higher. I'm a 34yo male with 1 ticket for an illegal turn and a couple of Not at fault accidents.

Crap, sorry to bust up your thread, just was reading through and saw all the insurance talk and totally lost track of what the thread was even about! Lol
Age has to play a huge role. Being under 25 makes everything more expensive for me as far as credit and insurance goes

81 - 100 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.