Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd share pics of my 636 I picked today. I've only ridden 39 miles so I can't say much about it yet but it is awesome so far. The worst part is having to break another bike in, it's pure torture. :banghead: I'll miss my 300 once its gone though. I wish I had room for both.

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts
Gahh, that fender is atrocious. Beautiful bike though, I'd have one if it wouldn't run me $2-3k/yr for insurance.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gahh, that fender is atrocious. Beautiful bike though, I'd have one if it wouldn't run me $2-3k/yr for insurance.
Yeah the fender is killing it. I didn't get a fender eliminator for my 300 but I'm ordering one tonight. Insurance wasn't bad but I'm 33 with a good driving record.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya it sucks that the 300 has a better paint job lol
Thats funny because I like the flat white vs. 300 white. I wanted a green one as my first choice but my local dealers didn't have a KIBS version available. This white always caught my eye in the dealer though and its grown on me even more since I decided to buy it.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I thought I'd share pics of my 636 I picked today. I've only ridden 39 miles so I can't say much about it yet but it is awesome so far. The worst part is having to break another bike in, it's pure torture. :banghead: I'll miss my 300 once its gone though. I wish I had room for both.
Gorgeous. If I were buying a middleweight today, that's exactly the bike I'd get. Great choice!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Gorgeous. If I were buying a middleweight today, that's exactly the bike I'd get. Great choice!
Thanks Spacepod. I tried to consider the CBR600R and the GSXR750 but this bike was packed with all the features I liked so the others didn't have a chance. I'm short (5'6" with 28" inseam) so I didn't consider an R6. And the 636 fit me well and I love the looks so it was a no brainer.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
630 Posts
I like the flat white of the ZX-6R more than the Ninja 300's white. That's the reason I ended up with the green SE 300, I didn't want black, saw the ZX-6R in white, liked it, saw the 300 in white, hated it.

I'm not sure which I would end up with, a 636 or a 675r if I had the choice. I'm 22 with a good driving record, but insurance is crazy here in Florida. A lot of uninsured motorists..

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the flat white of the ZX-6R more than the Ninja 300's white. That's the reason I ended up with the green SE 300, I didn't want black, saw the ZX-6R in white, liked it, saw the 300 in white, hated it.

I'm not sure which I would end up with, a 636 or a 675r if I had the choice. I'm 22 with a good driving record, but insurance is crazy here in Florida. A lot of uninsured motorists..

I've heard the 675r is an awesome bike but I never saw one at any dealers.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Don't you guys have lax helmet laws as well?

That would be my go-to color as well if I were in the market for a 636...if ;)
Do the whites come in both ABS/non-ABS versions?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Don't you guys have lax helmet laws as well?

That would be my go-to color as well if I were in the market for a 636...if ;)
Do the whites come in both ABS/non-ABS versions?
Yeah. It's somewhat well thought out though. You must have $10,000.00 medical payment insurance or some type of healthcare coverage that does not exclude motorcycles with at least $10,000.00 in coverage.

The 636 ABS comes in white, green, and black.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Very nice. Just curious.... did you consider a Triumph Daytona 675? I love the look and sound of the triple. Would have been on my shopping list for sure.:)

I never came across a 675 so I couldn't see if it fit me. I would have considered it if I could find one. It's a gorgeous bike and from what I read is the best direct competitor for the 636. The 636 was always the top pick for me though.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yeah, don't see many around here. I had a brief ride on an older one....seat height a little tall but the sound of the triple was just magic.

Congrats on your new ride....I'm very jealous. That's not to say that I'm still loving every minute on ny 300se. Please keep up the posts to let us know how the new bike is going.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
323 Posts
That's one good looking bike! Once you get some more ride time on it can you please post a review here?

It would be nice to have a fair comparison to the 300.

You've already dispelled one notion that insurance is universally and automatically astronomical on the 636.

Post back about things like gas mileage, mishaps, and handling. Is it a death machine? Did you get a million bucks in speeding tickets? Do you wish you kept the 300?

I'm being silly of course but I really am thinking of future forum members who will ask the same question over and over about upgrading. While every person has a different riding experience, your input will be very valuable.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, don't see many around here. I had a brief ride on an older one....seat height a little tall but the sound of the triple was just magic.

Congrats on your new ride....I'm very jealous. That's not to say that I'm still loving every minute on ny 300se. Please keep up the posts to let us know how the new bike is going.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Thanks Gidroe. The ZX6 has a 32.7 seat height which I believe is the highest seat height for the Daytona too. That is definitely my limit being short. Lol The 636 is narrow in the seat/tank area so I'm comfortably in the balls of both feet at rest. The suspension should settle a bit and it'll be perfect for me.

I'll he sure to give some additional feedback after some seat time. I love this forum so I will still be active here. I will definitely miss the 300 as its a fantastic bike for what it is.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts