Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i decided i'm going to get a bunch of mods at once trying to decide what to do heres what i have so far

custom full exhaust with removable baffle
fender eliminator integrated taillight and license plate move to left swing arm
power commander and dyno tune
hid headlights
k&n airfilter
removing passenger pegs (need something to use the bolts though)
rear seat cowl
reflector delete

what else can i do to either make the bike look or run better?

·
Registered
630 Posts
what else can i do to either make the bike look or run better?
Pod filters, if you're going to actually get your bike dyno'd.

·
Registered
630 Posts
do they offer that much of a difference over the standard filter on a 300?
It's quite a time consuming install, you need to remove the air box. There are definite gains in the upper end of the RPM range. If you're going to get your bike dyno'd and a custom map made for a PCV, then it's worth going with the pods if you want to squeeze as much as you can out of the 300.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's quite a time consuming install, you need to remove the air box. There are definite gains in the upper end of the RPM range. If you're going to get your bike dyno'd and a custom map made for a PCV, then it's worth going with the pods if you want to squeeze as much as you can out of the 300.
ok sounds good since i'm going to be spending 2-3 days ripping the thing apart anyways might as well. any other suggestions? what about cosmetics mods know of any things i could replace the passanger pegs with to get rid of the entire assembly?

·
Registered
490 Posts
I think yoshi has a exhaust bracket that's triangular and long that reaches down from the original rear peg bolts.(That's atleast one side).look for aftermarket from pegs aswell.the originals bend in easily but I've heard of others that are stronger.also clipons(helps with handling).to top it all off and depending on your colour choice,maybe get anodized bolts.and matching "frame plugs" to go wih it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think yoshi has a exhaust bracket that's triangular and long that reaches down from the original rear peg bolts.(That's atleast one side).look for aftermarket from pegs aswell.the originals bend in easily but I've heard of others that are stronger.also clipons(helps with handling).to top it all off and depending on your colour choice,maybe get anodized bolts.and matching "frame plugs" to go wih it.
problem with the yoshi exhaust bracket is that it wont have anything to connect to the exhaust is going to end in an angle cut tip right below where the passenger pegs are now. i think i saw some tow strap connections on here a while ago but i cant seem to find them they used the passenger and ended in a squared off triangle in the picture they were orange. instead of just the pegs what would be a good adjustable rearset? my bike is the white model trying to decide if i should do everything in orange such as the bolts and frame plugs?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Tires, suspension, brakes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
was thinking of doing a train horn for it haha. already had my suspension adjusted and tuned what brakes would you recommend? any one know of any good full rear sets out yet? besides the woodcraft and yoshi ones?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think Vortex sells a set of rear sets. Might want to look there. I'm sure the 2008-2012 250R rearsets will work also.

Have you looked at the Area P high mount exhaust. Kind of a cool look, although the look of the can gets mixed reviews.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Have you looked at the Area P high mount exhaust. Kind of a cool look, although the look of the can gets mixed reviews.
nice tip on the vortex rearset i like em i kinda like the sato racing ones too anyone know about either of these?
as for the exhaust we are building a complete custom system

·
Registered
630 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 20 of 27 Posts