Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

My dealer Taking too long

5K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  A. Jay 
#1 ·
Hey guys it's I been waiting about 3 months for my ninja 300 white the dealer I put my deposit on said they where getting the white ninja shipped to them in February so I decide to put a deposit on it well is April and still no motorcycle I asked them a couple times and they seem clueless to when it will arrive I'm getting really impatient can I like reduce the price they are asking me otd or take my deposit back? because they are failing to provide my motorcycle

#3 ·
You can try to locate another 300 elsewhere and get your deposit back or you can ask for a better OTD price if you have not signed any contracts yet which i dont think you did. Did you negotiate a OTD price yet?

Reactions: PandaRacer415
#5 ·
Probably not likely you will be able to reduce the OTD since the deposit implies a waitlist of sorts. They can always sell it to the next guy waiting if you don't like the price.

Haven't heard of any shortages yet but if you do not like the way the dealer is handling your business, take it elsewhere.

#9 ·
If your willing to come to Sacramento area "just saw your in SF" there are a ton of 300's out here. I got mine for 5550 OTD with a 250 Costco gift card which i returned for 250 cash. Might be worth the trip. I used the Costco program to buy mine.

#11 ·
Im totally in the same boat as you. I put my deposit down for an SE ABS model back in mid February. I was told that i woul have my bike about two weeks ago and i still don't have it as the weather is starting to get nicer here in Ohio. I called my dealer yesterday (04-09-2013) to figure out what the hell is going on and i was told that kawasaki is being slow with the ABS models. The dealership received 30 bikes from Kawaski last week and my bike was not with them, when i heard that i really got pissed. Good news is that the dealer was told that the bike will be in transit to her warehouse out in Cali in the next few days. Best advice to you is to work them like crazy to the point where you are making sure your keeping them accountable to make sure they get your bike to you. Sometimes if the dealership gets busy they will often forget. You just have to keep remeinding them and they will get the ball rolling on things. Hopefully you get your bike soon and can start riding around soon.

#12 ·
i had to wait 5 weeks for mine to arrive, i spoke to kwaka australia about it ages ago, there is a back order for the bikes as the factory cant keep up.the factory runs 16 hours a day, 7 days a week and these bikes are so popular they cant keep up with supply/demand

#13 ·
I have seen several in-stock white ones in the south bay, in fact I bought one of them last week! Sure, they're in good demand, but dealers also seem to be getting new stock frequently.

The quoted time to get a white 300 from a dealer (who didn't have it in stock) in Sunnyvale was 3-4 days.

Your dealer seem to be clueless.

#17 ·
I'm having the same problem..I've been waiting for a month now and they said i would be the first to have a se abs model and since then all they been receiving are non abs and they don't have a clue how long it would be...so um I'm at the point that ill just get the non abs or is it worth the wait...while every one else is riding

#19 ·
wait the SE ABS, trust me , i have one, the wait was a killer but worth it

i was also told i would be the first with the SE ABS from the dealer i went thru, its worth the wait, i waited 5 weeks, patience is a virtue :D

actually hang on, it was well over 5 weeks. i ordered mine in the 2nd week of december 2012 and i collected it janurary 25th, maybe 7 weeks

#26 ·
Wow I can't believe how crazy the demand for these things are. Well, SCRATCH that; I can lol. But it's definitely worth the wait. I got lucky and walked into a dealership in October and left the same day with one but it's a great bike. I sometimes wish I had more power, but I can't ever say that I'm unhappy with the bike by any stretch. It's incredible fun and definitely a proven road warrior. Sorry to hear you all have to wait, but it'll be WORTH IT!! Hang in there!

#27 ·
Bloody hell I had the exact opposite problem I ordered my Ebony 300 without ABS and after around 4 weeks of waiting I dropped in to see how the order was coming along. They tell me that there are 5 Ebony 300's coming in the next day but all are ABS!!!!

So I just forked out the extra 500 cause didnt want to wait any longer. Had myself riding a new bike the very next day.

Do I regret buying an ABS bike? Shit no. Have already had a time where it kicked in, and I have no doubt that I would have locked it up the way I jumped on the brakes at that moment. And probably would have went down. I had both front and rear ABS working, the pulsing through your hand and foot you cannot miss.

Cannot recommend the ABS on this bike enough. Very light, very good quality and from a well known company. Worth the premium even if you may never activate it. That one time you do though, may save you a whole lotta grief and a whole lotta money.

#30 ·
Back in October I walked into East Bay Motorsports in Hayward, CA, and sat on their only Ninja 300 (white, non-ABS). After I told an associate I have no credit history, he said I can't finance it without a co-signer, and I left.

A month later I came in with a co-signer, the bike I sat on a month ago was sold the next day, but they had another exactly like it (and once again it was their only 300) that had just come in the day before. I took it home that day.

So I don't relate to your guys' problem :) I guess demand went up shortly after?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.