Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys it's I been waiting about 3 months for my ninja 300 white the dealer I put my deposit on said they where getting the white ninja shipped to them in February so I decide to put a deposit on it well is April and still no motorcycle I asked them a couple times and they seem clueless to when it will arrive I'm getting really impatient can I like reduce the price they are asking me otd or take my deposit back? because they are failing to provide my motorcycle

·
Registered
392 Posts
You can try to locate another 300 elsewhere and get your deposit back or you can ask for a better OTD price if you have not signed any contracts yet which i dont think you did. Did you negotiate a OTD price yet?

Reactions: PandaRacer415

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
Hey guys it's I been waiting about 3 months for my ninja 300 white the dealer I put my deposit on said they where getting the white ninja shipped to them in February so I decide to put a deposit on it well is April and still no motorcycle I asked them a couple times and they seem clueless to when it will arrive I'm getting really impatient can I like reduce the price they are asking me otd or take my deposit back? because they are failing to provide my motorcycle
Good luck on reducing the price they are not getting them in as its a bike every one is wanting right now. If its a good dealer they will give you the deposit back.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Probably not likely you will be able to reduce the OTD since the deposit implies a waitlist of sorts. They can always sell it to the next guy waiting if you don't like the price.

Haven't heard of any shortages yet but if you do not like the way the dealer is handling your business, take it elsewhere.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can try to locate another 300 elsewhere and get your deposit back or you can ask for a better OTD price if you have not signed any contracts yet which i dont think you did. Did you negotiate a OTD price yet?
No we haven't I just deposited 500$ he did gime me a quote for 6,098$ no contract Signed just the deposit paper

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good luck on reducing the price they are not getting them in as its a bike every one is wanting right now. If its a good dealer they will give you the deposit back.
Yea I just called they said if they don't get the 300 this week they will give me refund on my deposit

·
Registered
392 Posts
If your willing to come to Sacramento area "just saw your in SF" there are a ton of 300's out here. I got mine for 5550 OTD with a 250 Costco gift card which i returned for 250 cash. Might be worth the trip. I used the Costco program to buy mine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If your willing to come to Sacramento area "just saw your in SF" there are a ton of 300's out here. I got mine for 5550 OTD with a 250 Costco gift card which i returned for 250 cash. Might be worth the trip. I used the Costco program to buy mine.
For 5500 otd id go to LA thank you very much for the info!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Im totally in the same boat as you. I put my deposit down for an SE ABS model back in mid February. I was told that i woul have my bike about two weeks ago and i still don't have it as the weather is starting to get nicer here in Ohio. I called my dealer yesterday (04-09-2013) to figure out what the hell is going on and i was told that kawasaki is being slow with the ABS models. The dealership received 30 bikes from Kawaski last week and my bike was not with them, when i heard that i really got pissed. Good news is that the dealer was told that the bike will be in transit to her warehouse out in Cali in the next few days. Best advice to you is to work them like crazy to the point where you are making sure your keeping them accountable to make sure they get your bike to you. Sometimes if the dealership gets busy they will often forget. You just have to keep remeinding them and they will get the ball rolling on things. Hopefully you get your bike soon and can start riding around soon.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
i had to wait 5 weeks for mine to arrive, i spoke to kwaka australia about it ages ago, there is a back order for the bikes as the factory cant keep up.the factory runs 16 hours a day, 7 days a week and these bikes are so popular they cant keep up with supply/demand

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have seen several in-stock white ones in the south bay, in fact I bought one of them last week! Sure, they're in good demand, but dealers also seem to be getting new stock frequently.

The quoted time to get a white 300 from a dealer (who didn't have it in stock) in Sunnyvale was 3-4 days.

Your dealer seem to be clueless.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im totally in the same boat as you. I put my deposit down for an SE ABS model back in mid February. I was told that i woul have my bike about two weeks ago and i still don't have it as the weather is starting to get nicer here in Ohio. I called my dealer yesterday (04-09-2013) to figure out what the hell is going on and i was told that kawasaki is being slow with the ABS models. The dealership received 30 bikes from Kawaski last week and my bike was not with them, when i heard that i really got pissed. Good news is that the dealer was told that the bike will be in transit to her warehouse out in Cali in the next few days. Best advice to you is to work them like crazy to the point where you are making sure your keeping them accountable to make sure they get your bike to you. Sometimes if the dealership gets busy they will often forget. You just have to keep remeinding them and they will get the ball rolling on things. Hopefully you get your bike soon and can start riding around soon.
Yea I asked them like 5 times the thing that pissed me off was that they sounded like they had no idea when they where going to recieve it and just made up times to keep me happy but yea I called today they said if they don't get it this week I can have my deposit back

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i had to wait 5 weeks for mine to arrive, i spoke to kwaka australia about it ages ago, there is a back order for the bikes as the factory cant keep up.the factory runs 16 hours a day, 7 days a week and these bikes are so popular they cant keep up with supply/demand
Wow where are they making the 300 Japan? yea seems like they are I high demand

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm having the same problem..I've been waiting for a month now and they said i would be the first to have a se abs model and since then all they been receiving are non abs and they don't have a clue how long it would be...so um I'm at the point that ill just get the non abs or is it worth the wait...while every one else is riding

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
I'm having the same problem..I've been waiting for a month now and they said i would be the first to have a se abs model and since then all they been receiving are non abs and they don't have a clue how long it would be...so um I'm at the point that ill just get the non abs or is it worth the wait...while every one else is riding
wait the SE ABS, trust me , i have one, the wait was a killer but worth it

i was also told i would be the first with the SE ABS from the dealer i went thru, its worth the wait, i waited 5 weeks, patience is a virtue :D

actually hang on, it was well over 5 weeks. i ordered mine in the 2nd week of december 2012 and i collected it janurary 25th, maybe 7 weeks

1 - 20 of 30 Posts