12,371 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Mine is gone........

Yeah I rode home yesterday in the rain, the water didn't bother me too much but now the bike is dry, the amount of dirt and road grime on the top of my rear cowl is ridiculous. No dirt at all before. So the mudguard does an awesome job when its on.

But it does look much better not being there. ;)

·
Registered
655 Posts
Mine is gone........

Yeah I rode home yesterday in the rain, the water didn't bother me too much but now the bike is dry, the amount of dirt and road grime on the top of my rear cowl is ridiculous. No dirt at all before. So the mudguard does an awesome job when its on.

But it does look much better not being there. ;)
Rather a little mud then that crappy fender.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Yes and they are here for another week according to BOM.

Will probably still ride though..... :eek:

I love a bit of wet weather riding, brings out some of the idiot in a lot of drivers but its a good feeling. Good wet weather gear so your not actually getting wet, and it can be a lot of fun.

Drove around Thailand for 6 days on bit of a trip when I was in the Navy on a 400cc trail bike, rained the whole time. And I mean the whole entire time. We pretty much just went where we saw a road or trail that we could get the bikes down. Scary, dangerous, crazy and wet.... but some of the best fun I had ever had.

·
Registered
132 Posts
wait till you go riding in the rain and see how much mud and crap you get covered in after you remove the fender, you will wish you never took it off, lol
I took mine off before I even rode the bike, and I think I kinda regret it because I have MUD and crap all over my rear seat and I have not even driven the rain just through a couple of puddels.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I took mine off before I even rode the bike, and I think I kinda regret it because I have MUD and crap all over my rear seat and I have not even driven the rain just through a couple of puddels.
One puddle is all it takes to muck up that nice new clean polished rear of the bike. Especially if you have the solo seat cowl on, and especially if your bike is black. :mad:

Good thing to think of for those planning to do the mod, your bike will get dirty. Even just dry riding, the tyre still flicks road grime upwards. The fender has a function for sure, and it does work well.

Even if it does look like a big dildo. :p

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
And besides keeping off crap from the road, the rear fender keeps those nice luggage hooks bolted on the bike for when you want to strap stuff to the back of the bike.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts