Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be getting my ninja 300 somewhere next week. This is the first time I'll have a motorcycle in Canada. I need advice from you guys for protective / rain / cold gear.

I had motorcycle before in Brazil, but it was always 28°C/83°F all year long. There was not need for rain / cold protection. I used to have the bad habit of not wearing basic safety protection gear (except helmet which is mandatory). I want to start right this time and have the proper protection.

I'll be riding this bike mostly for commuting. Vancouver rains a lot and snow is very rare.

I'm looking for a full protective gear (hard boots, wrist, elbow, shoulder, neck, back protection), that can also protect me from rain and cold.

Any suggestion is appreciated, specially store recommendation. Something in Metro Vancouver would awesome.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I like to buy all season jackets.. Usually, a thin exterior with a thick weather resistant removable interior

·
Registered
523 Posts
I just bought an Alpinestars Lucerne Drystar jacket today which has two removable liners; a thermal liner and a waterproof liner. I haven't taken it riding yet, but it was warm enough to make me start sweating in the store and the outer layer seems like it should be thin enough to not make you too hot in anything but the height of summer (the only venting is along the arms). This is just my recommendation, but if you see one, definitely try it on.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I have a mesh jacket for hot weather riding, and plan to purpose built rain/cold weather jacket for the crappier days. After doing a fair bit of research, this one looks to be the best: Icon Patrol Waterproof Jacket

1 - 5 of 5 Posts