Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got it in the mail today, going to install on my wife's bike sometime this week. I will definitely take pictures when it's done. Has anyone installed this particular part?

We did our own tail tidys using L brackets and hardware from Home Depot, but only as a temporary solution. I put an R&G tail tidy on my 2012 Ninja 650 a couple weeks ago. The nice thing about that, is there is a place under the seat where you can disconnect the signals and lights. This makes installation easy because you can work with the lights and then string them back into the tail when you're ready to mount. From what I saw on the 300, all the wires are attached - and seemed pretty tight as well. Any advice on this particular part?

Here are some pictures of the part, they're huge so I won't embed them.

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages...,613188942&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you dont want to cut the wires you are going to have to take the bike apart so you can unplug the wires on the other end..
Gotcha. How much of the bike is coming off, in that case? Seat, fairings? Or are we actually dismantling parts? Just want to get an idea of what I'm in for prior to starting. Really trying to keep the mods clean and reversible.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I think you can get away with just taking off the riders seat, a metal bracket under it, and the small center plastic fairing in between the front and rear seat..

I had to take off the whole rear end on mine because I had to replace the turn signal relay..

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm also using the Mustard Bikes FE. Very easy set up, only need to remove the rear seat undo 4 bolts inside and snip wires. Mine was for stock indicators, a screw, brackets and some bad words got them off the stock fender. Then reverse process for fe kit (bad words included), bolt it on then solder.
You can see the screw and bracket in this pic.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Post some photos up when you are done!
definitely will!

I'm also using the Mustard Bikes FE. Very easy set up, only need to remove the rear seat undo 4 bolts inside and snip wires. Mine was for stock indicators, a screw, brackets and some bad words got them off the stock fender. Then reverse process for fe kit (bad words included), bolt it on then solder.
You can see the screw and bracket in this pic.
yeah i see them. so you just cut all the wires under the pilion seat? im gonna probably figure it out once i have the seats off, want to try to do it as clean as possible.. but looks like im gonna have to splice anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mustard FE Install

Hey Guys,

Just got my Mustard FE in the mail, now how the hell do i fit it??? How far back up the bike are the clips on the indicator wires so you dont have to cut them? or should i just cut them all and splice?

Cheers,

Nick

·
Registered
292 Posts
Why not just cut wire sized slits in the bracket? it would hold up just the same and you wont have to do any wire work.
Your bracket I assume has holes for the blinkers like so " O " cut them so they look like this " C " but only just big enough for the wires. when you tighten everything down it will look just the same.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Must see a rear view shot of this kit with stock indicators. I've been holding off on a fender eliminator because every single one that integrates the stock indicators makes them stick out too much for my liking. This one looks to be the one. Pics please. Thanks in advance. Eagerly awaiting.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yes it does. Thankyou.

I think I will purchase this now. Indicators don't seem to stick out as much as the yoshimura one. Awesome.

Are you happy with it? How easy was the install particularly the number plate light it comes with?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Just got my Yoshi FE kit in.. i just pre-assembled it. I will update with installed photos.

Look at the second picture.
If you wanted to, you could push the signal lights a good inch or two in on both sides. Then use a couple more bolts and spacers to secure the license plate.
To take it a step further, you could even angle them downwards so they're even closer together and give it a cooler look than straight out.
That's what I'm going to do anyway.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.