Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Must Change parts before you leave the dealer.

Hey guys, here is my list, mostly related to safety.

1. Tires IRC to PR Diablo II (PNW rains)
2. Horn stock to Compact Air Horn (wakeup those car drivers)
3. Tail lamp modulator.

anything else?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I'm personally not a huge fan of modulating lights. The point of modulating lights is to grab attention and focus of those looking at it. Unfortunately, people tend to have a thing about going where they're looking and losing focus. The stock lights are pretty bright and noticeable already and don't feel like having my ass be a bug zapper to the cars behind me.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Ditch the reflectors. Maybe sliders and spools.
Is there a diy or something on the compact air horn mod?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
check with cruzin maybe his sig has one in it. I know he did an after market horn.. Actually I want him to do a video so I can see what it sounds like.... lol...

i made a video of it last year when i had it mounted to my Suzuki GSX250F Across

the video doesn’t do it justice though, man its so frigging loud

in my sig is mounting info for the horn, you can buy the horn & wiring harness together from ebay for well under $80

·
Registered
630 Posts
Frame sliders?

·
Registered
35 Posts
sliders will help protect the fairings if u drop your bike..u will still get some damage but it will reduce it depending on the type of the crash/drop. The link ghost put is for the sliders btw. spools are put in so that you can use rear and front stands which are used to make your own bike maintenance bit easier.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sliders will help protect the fairings if u drop your bike..u will still get some damage but it will reduce it depending on the type of the crash/drop. The link ghost put is for the sliders btw. spools are put in so that you can use rear and front stands which are used to make your own bike maintenance bit easier.
thanks man.

·
Registered
295 Posts

Frame sliders protect the frame...not the farings. On a drop, perhaps they might save your fairings...but in a crash? Your farings are fair game. When I was looking for sliders for my bike I came across over a zillion posts on forums complaining about their fairings not surviving crashes when they had frame sliders.

If you think about it, it makes sense...you destroy your fairings and the frame survives you've still got a bike. You destroy the frame...and well it'll never drive the same again.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Hey guys, here is my list, mostly related to safety.

1. Tires IRC to PR Diablo II (PNW rains)
2. Horn stock to Compact Air Horn (wakeup those car drivers)
3. Tail lamp modulator.

anything else?
you could replace the indicators on the rear with indicators the size of a barn door, hopefully moron cage drivers *MIGHT , JUST* be able to see you.

+1 sprocket, K&N air cleaner, touring screen,

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Frame sliders protect the frame...not the farings. On a drop, perhaps they might save your fairings...but in a crash? Your farings are fair game. When I was looking for sliders for my bike I came across over a zillion posts on forums complaining about their fairings not surviving crashes when they had frame sliders.

If you think about it, it makes sense...you destroy your fairings and the frame survives you've still got a bike. You destroy the frame...and well it'll never drive the same again.
I would like to emphasize the SLIDERS part of the name as well. A good hit on frame sliders can damage and tweak a frame as they are solid pieces with almost zero give. Sliding is the most common form of damage to motorcycles while riding and not so much impacts.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Maybe get used to the bike before doing mods? everything stock is everything you need to ride safe. I wouldn't suggest changing the tires unless your doing track or some serious aggressive riding :S My previous bike had stock tires on it for 4-5 years and they are still going strong lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
I Think I am going to do tires soon. These stock IRC's are not that good. They do the job, but even after riding on a hot day for a few hours, they did not feel sticky at all. I want sticky tires!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts