Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I finally got around to install my Musarri exhaust! I'd appreciate if you guys could pay my "how to" video a little visit and let me know what you think!

The microphone doesn't do it justice. It sounds AMAZING in person :p

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice video and I think it will be helpful to some, but I wanted to point out in my experience installing the Musarri slip-on it isn't necessary to remove the lower fairing; that's just adding a little more work for yourself... :) I love this exhaust

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice video and I think it will be helpful to some, but I wanted to point out in my experience installing the Musarri slip-on it isn't necessary to remove the lower fairing; that's just adding a little more work for yourself... :) I love this exhaust
Thanks Detroit! Yeah I realised after I installed it that the lower fairing doesn't get in the way. The stock exhaust was so large though I didn't know where the pipe ended so did It just incase :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a little trouble with getting the bracket to hold together alright. I got them both on the outside of the rear peg however it looked like the rear peg's passenger swing screw may be pressing into the top of the exhaust? Did you have any issues with that?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a little trouble with getting the bracket to hold together alright. I got them both on the outside of the rear peg however it looked like the rear peg's passenger swing screw may be pressing into the top of the exhaust? Did you have any issues with that?
Hey Menzo!

I had the EXACT same issue! It was horrible, I thought I was scratching out the Exhaust, So While it was about 3/4 on, I Pushed down on it lightly and twisted it a little. This way there's now about.. 1mm of gap between the Exhaust and the Bottom peg thing.

So, Just unbolt it a little and try twisting/pushing it a little, Don't give too much force just in case :p

·
Registered
157 Posts
yep i had the same problem
id think id have it right. start doing up the bolt and it would drag the exhaust closer to the foot peg..
push down/twist repeat

i have 1-2 mm gap between exhaust and foot peg. sweet FA gap but its enough

·
Registered
28 Posts
was a torque wrench necessary? If so what spec was it on?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts