Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I have problem with the speedometer. the small display (Multifucntion display) on my bike has no backlight, i can't see anything when riding at night. What should be the problem? Could anyone please help tell me about this? Thanks in advance for your helpful reply.

Best Regards,

Rada

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi everyone!

I have problem with the speedometer. the small display (Multifucntion display) on my bike has no backlight, i can't see anything when riding at night. What should be the problem? Could anyone please help tell me about this? Thanks in advance for your helpful reply.

Best Regards,

Rada
new picture would be helpful

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
new picture would be helpful
Hi! Ivy2000100

I guess my image was broken then! what i refer to is the Small display (Fuel Gauge, Speedometer...) it doesn't have the back-light. So i can't read any information when riding the bike at night. Is it because of Fuse or what? Thanks for your reply.

Best Regards

Rada:smile2:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi! Ivy2000100

I guess my image was broken then! what i refer to is the Small display (Fuel Gauge, Speedometer...) it doesn't have the back-light. So i can't read any information when riding the bike at night. Is it because of Fuse or what? Thanks for your reply.

Best Regards

Rada:smile2:
im thinking either fuse or you damaged a connector somehow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My display, has just done the same thing. the rev's I can see and light up fine the the speed and petrol display, I can not see anything. Is this an easy fix or new display?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My display, has just done the same thing. the rev's I can see and light up fine the the speed and petrol display, I can not see anything. Is this an easy fix or new display?
Hey guys,
Any luck with this? I'm having the same issue!

·
Registered
64 Posts
The only thing working on my gauge cluster is the right turn signal, no tachometer, no speed and no back light. I changed ALL the fuses on the bike and still nothing. The headlights and turn signals and brake lights work fine. I ordered a new gauge cluster, I hope that cures the issue.🤔

·
Registered
537 Posts
Apparently, a whole new cluster can be had on eBay for ~$40.00.
The true mileage gets wiped out though, I guess, and installation may not be completely straight forward. They do look the same though..... :unsure:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I ordered a brand new one on EBAY, 135 bucks! I opened the non working one and found water damage on the circuit board. There is what I thought was a surface crack on the screen, but apparently it was leaking enough to short out the gauge cluster. 😡😡😡 You have to take both side fairings and the nose to get the gauge cluster out. What a pain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts