Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!! My MSF course starts in exactly 1 hour! So excited and little nervous.. Wish me luck! Sat/Sun 8-6....!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I will. Hope my gears are enough. Gloves, sunglasses, timberland boots, long jeans, long sweat shirt and a leather jacket. No need helmets because they provide it and I don't feel like scratching my million dollar helmet INCASE anything happens like me falling off the bike and flying towards some trees.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Also cooties

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey all, just got off my 1st day at the MSF course. One word to describe it. F!^&ing AWESOME ! Let me break down what we did today.
Spent the first 2-3 hours doing some bookwork, watched some motorcycle videos.
And then spent the next 6-7 hours riding. The the instructor was very pleased and gave us 5-10 mins break in between each exercise.

We did the walking back and forth with the bike, played and practiced the friction zone (I had no problem, didn't stall at all except for a few times when I was at the 2nd gear but a push of the engine start button brought it right up.) we also did umm... Ride around in circles, weaving through tight space cones ( absolutely hate it,) and brake, stop sign brake, emergency brakes, blah blah blah.

I'm very glad that I found and treasured that friction zone and I'm very amazed with the traction of motorcycles. There was few curve/turns that I leaned with the bike and I thought I was gonna fall but a little throttle pushed that baby around as smooth as a baby's butt.

The bike that I had was the Suzuki 250.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Ah, the GZ250. That's what I rode back in 03 when I did the course the first time. Terrible bike. Glad you actually took the course and you're having fun. I wish more people would do it before going out and buying a bike.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do agree that the bike is terrible itself. Totally not comfortable but my goal was/is to learn and take as much as I can out of the MSF.... I am the "people" that you're referring to. Bought a new bike and know nothing about motorcycles.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I bought my bike as a present to myself in December. Then took the msf the following month. It was a long hard wait to ride it but well worth it. The msf is a great class.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
23 Posts
The MSF course you take for the license is called "BRC", Basic Rider Course. It's usually taken with loaner bikes. But there's a followup called (drumroll) BRC2, which specific purpose is for you to bring your own bike and get to know it better in a controlled environment (and increase your general skills as well).

·
Registered
105 Posts
The MSF course you take for the license is called "BRC", Basic Rider Course. It's usually taken with loaner bikes. But there's a followup called (drumroll) BRC2, which specific purpose is for you to bring your own bike and get to know it better in a controlled environment (and increase your general skills as well).
This is how the class is set up that I'm taking at the end of next week.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Morning all! It;s 6:24 and I am on my way to my 2nd/last day of the MSF course. I'll be taking written and riding test today.. ;[ Any tips or hints for mee? Thank you, wish me luck!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts