Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MSF course on Saturday and Sunday.

And...Mother Nature decided that I don't get to do it in "Easy Mode", there's a winter storm warning for the weekend for my area...hah.
Reminds me of my Infantry days, "If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'!"

Wish me luck!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Would you rather be caught in rain for the first time on a closed course with instructors present, or by yourself without experience on the highway? There is a reason the MSF course is rain or shine. I had rain the second morning of my class. The instructors stressed that comfortable gear will make the difference between having fun and being miserable. A lot of it is attitude, so don't stress about it and have fun. Consider picking up some cheap frog toggs if you don't have raingear. good luck!

·
Registered
87 Posts
My MSF was last weekend. Saturday it was 33 degrees mixed rain/snow. Sunday was a high of 24 and a dusting of snow on the course when we first got there. Better to break you in in weather like that so that you are at least a little more prepared for Mother Nature on the road.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm good with it if it rains for that exact reason. :)

I spent plenty of time in the crappy weather as an Infantryman, doesn't bother me one bit. LOL

·
Registered
239 Posts
Where are you from? Im taking my msf tomorrow also!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First day was awesome!!! I got the hang of it pretty quick. Got some sunshine, some rain, snow and hail, lol.

The instructor came up while we were doing ovals and I was nailing the leaning turns and he was like, "Yeah baby! THAT'S how you ride a sports bike!" (Of course, as a noob. At 25 mph. In a controlled setting.) But, I'm stoked!!!

What an awesome day!

Captain, we have a MSF course on the base.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MSF course passed! Nailed the written test with 100% and I think they said I got 10 points on the course. (I didn't get much sleep last night due to being called by work. So, I got to experience what riding while fatigued felt like on top of learning everything for first time.)

But, passing is passing! Good enough for me.

Now, time for a nap!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts