Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will hopefully be a new rider this coming Monday 25th after passing my MSF course this weekend. I have had some seat time prior to class with my brother on his KTM 990 Adventurer...which is a scarry first ride. A few of the local dealers have Ninja 300's with ABS, I'll go take one last lengthy test fit prior to purchase just to make sure.

I'm glad to see review of people riding 2up on the bike since that's the daily stress I will be putting on the bike. I'm 6'4 and 350lbs, I see the limit is 397lbs. I have been losing 5+ lbs a month so hopefully by the end of the year I will have some more distance between me and that load limit. I plan on getting the bike re-sprung pretty soon after purchase as I would probably need to do for any bike with my weight.

I will use this bike as a commuter to work, 3-4 miles one way. With occasional rides on the freeway. Im pretty nervous/excited about the MSF course. Looks like it should be fun.

· Registered
1,581 Posts
^---that. although be prepared for the box lol

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dealer is giving me an OTD price today, sales guy said he maybe able to come back below MSRP OTD on the ABS version probably because they haven't sold any. He did say they only ever get requests for the non-ABS model. If the price is good I will go do one more test fit then have the bank pull the trigger.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2 more days until Ninja purchase

Day 1 of the MSF course has been completed. I learned a ton. I did really well on the emergency braking and REALLY well on the weaving (scraping pegs and boots). Day 2 tomorrow then DPS written test monday morning woo hoo.

· Registered
1 Posts
The dealer is giving me an OTD price today, sales guy said he maybe able to come back below MSRP OTD on the ABS version probably because they haven't sold any. He did say they only ever get requests for the non-ABS model. If the price is good I will go do one more test fit then have the bank pull the trigger.
Curious to know what your OTD was and which dealership you were at?

· Registered
185 Posts
I am jealous of all of you that have plenty of dealerships to work with when getting the 300, particularly ones carrying the ABS model because only one dealership here in Tallahassee has the 300s and they keep selling out of all the ones that come in and have never even gotten an ABS model so they have to pick it up/buy it off of a dealer somewhere else in order for me to buy it. Because of this, I also can't negotiate price wise on the bike very much because I am lucky they are even able to get one... lol

· Registered
1,105 Posts
The dealer here in Fort Walton Beach kept telling me he wasn't getting any in till april, and I didn't want a black one, so I drove 45min to pensacola and bought a white one! LOL, thing is I went by yesterday to look at helmets and he now has a white one, the black one and a SE green/black on the floor now. And I bought mine only 4 weeks ago! I think he was fibbing to me....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.