Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
I've dipped my toes into these waters. Nobody seems to know about me yet: http://www.youtube.com/thedeltafoxtrotzulu

I been working on a 3rd blog video but haven't decided which footage to use yet. It's tricky when your not sure you like the video, and you need to discuss a topic again in the next video to make sure it gets mentioned.

·
Registered
923 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Im thinking of starting one, can anyone recommend me a mic i can stick in my helmet?
Some "seasoned" vloggers have told me a mic is a mic, just make sure you have good placement and a helmet with minimal wind noise. Oh, and make sure your sound sensitivity is set low on your camera so you don't pick up unnecessary noise.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
301 Posts
i've been thinking about it. being a squid and making videos everyday from my first day of riding on...just dont know if i feel like spending 400 on a gopro black right after i bought the bike and 700 worth of gear lol.
Lol I agree with you ! I really want to but I still have bought gear and I don't want to drop the cash for a go pro, external mic and all that And the go pros are bulky.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
390 Posts
Get a stereo mic. I have the Sony ECMCS3 Clip style Omnidirectional Stereo Microphone myself. It works great. I am still working on and fiddling with placement though, until I get what I am looking for. The clarity is great.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'm also thinking of starting a vlog. I will definitely be recording footage of myself riding, but don't know if I have anything cool to talk about in my videos lol.
It took me a while to actually say more than a few sentences in the whole video. I normally get so focused on my riding it's hard to concentrate on what I'm saying. I still fall back into silence frequently, though I'm getting better.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Im thinking of starting one, can anyone recommend me a mic i can stick in my helmet?
I tried one of these and didn't like it plus the cord is too short:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pack-Computer-VOIP-Skype-Mini-Flexible-Mcicrophone-Mic-3-5mm-Audio-Jacks-/200692320538?pt=US_Computer_Microphones&hash=item2eba31c91a

I picked up this and it works pretty good. I buried the mic inside the cheek pads and the long cord has to be managed but gives you some flexibility on how and where to mount things.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-X-Hands-Free-Clip-On-Mini-Lapel-Mic-Microphone-3-5mm-/190532548257?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Microphones&hash=item2c5c9ff6a1

Reactions: Seankda

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
OK. So I've tried to do some moto-vlog type rides and I don't know what it is. I rarely talk when I ride. I think I'm so focused on whats going on I just don't find myself saying much. Slowly I'm starting to say more, but it might be a while before I make something where I've got something worth sharing to say.

When I'm driving my car I'm reacting to every car and yelling and gesticulating all over the place. It's a totally different experience. I'm a very focused driver so a lot of the focus needed when riding carried right over. Riding just requires more of my brain so I can't think about anything else.
Are you a new rider, Delta? As you get more comfortable (as already mentioned), it gets a lot easier. But even today, if I need to concentrate for any reason, I stop talking! Sometimes I'll have to start a sentence twice because something took my concentration. In the twisties on a road I know, I can talk the whole way. :D

41 - 60 of 95 Posts