Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for the share.

On my way to work there is this slight curve on a country road with speed limit at 55MPH (enough to where the bike must lean to complete turn), on this curve there are rail-road tracks, meaning that it is impossible to straighten out to avoid slippage, especially at 55 mph, AND the fact the cars are always barreling down like their on a freaking race track, if i slow down it is guaranteed to cross the center line. Very scary at times.....

I don't really understand #16, if someone can elaborate on that please...

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
Thanks for the share.

On my way to work there is this slight curve on a country road with speed limit at 55MPH (enough to where the bike must lean to complete turn), on this curve there are rail-road tracks, meaning that it is impossible to straighten out to avoid slippage, especially at 55 mph, AND the fact the cars are always barreling down like their on a freaking race track, if i slow down it is guaranteed to cross the center line. Very scary at times.....

They are saying don't end up like this

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the share.

It's saying to go between cars at a traffic jam to get out of the way of incoming vehicles that may not realize traffic is backed up, regardless of state law, so vehicles coming up behind you don't end up rear ending you and smashing you into the car in front of you. Like fishdip is showing in that extreme example picture.
With that comes other risks. Read up on lane splitting, aka lane filtering.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's saying to go between cars at a traffic jam to get out of the way of incoming vehicles that may not realize traffic is backed up, regardless of state law, so vehicles coming up behind you don't end up rear ending you and smashing you into the car in front of you. Like fishdip is showing in that extreme example picture.
With that comes other risks. Read up on lane splitting, aka lane filtering.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I understand what lane splitting is, i guess because i have never experienced with such high traffic it's hard for me to understand. As i recall lane splitting can be just as dangerous .... i mostly ride/commute in rural area so i don't really deal with such traffic, however, i have a new job this summer that will be in the city so it's good to read up on things.

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
The biggest problem with lane splitting at that time is a lot of driver will go left or right to try and not hit something in front of them if your unlucky they can do it at the same time you are in the middle of the 2 cars.

·
Registered
155 Posts
#12 - I agree!
I avoid the right hand lane everytime. Mostly because in my area, STOP signs and red lights mean pull into traffic without looking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts