Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I missed the "until after the 1st" part! That is just crazy, its a retail store! They are losing big bucks! Unless they are dead slow in the winter and being closed for a week doesnt really effect sales...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi Guys
This is common in Australia over the Christmas break
Im have a business myself and most the guys i trade with shut down over the break as well
One reason is all the big suppliers are closed so you cant get stock or parts if needed and second a lot of businesses out there now are family owned and its easy to have the chistmas new year break off as once you take out the public holidays you normally left with 2 or 3 work days so if you take the 24th to the 2nd off you get a good rest with out loosing to many work days
I know it sucks when you want something but those few days with your family money cant buy

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
heaven forbid the staff might have a break over christmas/new years to spend time with family/friends and take it easy.
they are humans to you know,we all need a break some time from work.

having run my own company just over 5 years myself i completely understand.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
what I don't understand is the "race on Sunday sell on Monday" thing. I mean I get the concept I just don't understand it nowadays especially where I live. maybe I'm missing something but I've never heard of nor know of any motorcycle racing on the regular in.central Florida. Plus, aren't car dealers open on Sunday, not that that matters much since Nascar hasn't been stock for about 25 years now

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't have a problem with a dealer closing for the holiday. I get it, I just thought from December 22nd until the 4th of January seemed a little long. ..Geesh

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.