Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got 300 any way to get more power with out going over board got exsaust any thing else I'm new to bikes and this is my first bike cheers

·
Registered
198 Posts
ooooooooohhh BILLY!!!

Full exhaust, Power commander or Juicebox and a high flow airfilter and tune should hopefullly see 10hp....

Well thats what im doing/expecting, then it will be the perfect mix of power/weight and fuel economy. The perfect sports commuter :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
ooooooooohhh BILLY!!!

Full exhaust, Power commander or Juicebox and a high flow airfilter and tune should hopefullly see 10hp....

Well thats what im doing/expecting, then it will be the perfect mix of power/weight and fuel economy. The perfect sports commuter :)

Keep us updated...

I would really like to know the cost of a full exhaust, PC, and filter and what the dollar per HP is looking like.

I know with my 2003 ZX7R I gained about 10 HP (on a 109 HP bike)... On my S1000RR with a Taylormade Exhaust I will gain 18 HP...

Either way its about $100 per HP with a SS... I just wonder if its worth it on a 300... 10 HP is a lot on a 380lbs bike... but the cost would be 1/5th the price of the bike, no?

·
Registered
523 Posts
ooooooooohhh BILLY!!!

Just keep in mind that your fuel economy, while still better than, say, a car, will take a serious hit over stock with those sorts of mods.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I don't think I'm going to concentrate that much on trying to get more power out of a 300cc. An exhaust and power commander just to free up some flow and that's all I'm going to do. This bike was never meant to be super powerful anyways.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Remember that losing weight has the same effect as gaining power, without the cost of lower fuel mileige. Getting a lighter battery, lighter gear or just simply working out makes a huge difference on the 300

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Where you from Billy?

Remember that losing weight has the same effect as gaining power, without the cost of lower fuel mileige. Getting a lighter battery, lighter gear or just simply working out makes a huge difference on the 300
EXCELENT FIRST POST!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Planning on keeping it under 1000 bux for filter/exhaust/PC
Should see 10hp, 100bux per HP on a 170kg is good enough for me.
That's less than 1/7 of the price of the bike in Aus.

I think it's worth it but I catch the power bug easy :)

Yes I know fuel economy will go down obviously with a richer tune but mehhh
It's cheap to run anyways!

·
Registered
198 Posts
It will still generate the same power and torque with a lighter load, but acceleration and top speed will be improved :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
FYI, with a totally stock bike, you can lift the tire in first (did it this morning on the way to work):D

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
It is nice to see that a lot of guys have monster bikes and still enjoy a smallbike like the 300,
(still waiting on the green one)

·
Registered
286 Posts
The 300 is just a fun bike. With the 600s I used to ride, you had to be so controlled with everything or you would be doing hyper-legal speeds. With the 300, you have more than enough power to have fun, but not so much that if you sneeze you're doing 100+ mph.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts