Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this article today, have you guys seen or heard anything about it? I like the idea of the other top manufacturers stepping up to the plate with small displacement bikes. :) 3 down, 1 to go (Suzuki)

keep in mind the picture is just a concept. Pretty nice concept though. :cool:

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/yamaha-yzf-r250-250cc-2013-2014/

Obviously, based on the article, it's still to soon to tell if it will reach the states, but i think it will.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
It looks sexy but its a 250.. Why not a 350 or something like that.. Dont jump in to the game with a smaller engine than the competition...

I have always been a Yamaha fan, but dont plan on trading in the 300..

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
That isn't a sub $5k bike in the pic but I'd love a 250 I4 with premium specs in suspension, brakes and fittings.

The Suzuki looks to be a true turd. Over 400 lbs, low output. Bla!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That isn't a sub $5k bike in the pic but I'd love a 250 I4 with premium specs in suspension, brakes and fittings.

The Suzuki looks to be a true turd. Over 400 lbs, low output. Bla!

well the bike in the pic is a concept after all. :p an I4 250 would be pretty sweet though!

the bike is still in the works, perhaps even the drawing board, so who knows, they might make it a 300 or 350. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Can ya imagine what that would cost with Upside down front forks and Dual front disc brakes. Looks pretty cool tho!!

·
Registered
839 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
That KTM looks like a Moto3 class race bike. Production model would look different.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I've been wishing for a small displacement I4 for some time now.
If only one of the big companies would do it.... I don't understand why not.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been wishing for a small displacement I4 for some time now.
If only one of the big companies would do it.... I don't understand why not.
Honda and Suzuki have both done it before. I saw both at the bike shop I used to work at years ago, although I think they were grey imports in Australia so they were pretty rare, and both went up to 20,000rpm!!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Honda and Suzuki have both done it before. I saw both at the bike shop I used to work at years ago, although I think they were grey imports in Australia so they were pretty rare, and both went up to 20,000rpm!!!
Kawi did as well, back in the early 90's is when they stopped making them I believe...sadly I don't think any of them were even available in the US.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

there was grey imports, there was also ones that were not. honda for many years imported and sold the CBR250RR, i bought one in 1996 and had it about 4 years, this is my old bike

i had the Winfield racing paint job custom done for me.to the best of my knowledge its the only one on the planet, i have searched and looked high and low for 17 years for another and never seen or heard of another in existence.

Suzuki also imported the GSX250F across, i own one of them as well, a 1991 model

this is what it looked like the day i bought it home about 7 months ago

i have cleaned/painted it since then and fixed way to many niggly faults with it as well.

Suzuki as well as honda for many years imported inline 4 bikes.the cbr250rr redlined at 19 grand, my gsx250f redlines at 16 grand, the RGV250 2 stroke from memory redlined at about 21 grand.
i love the sound of my across above 10 grand it sounds like your running a bandsaw thru wood, sounds great, i must make a youtube video of it before i get rid of it for my ninja300 in a few weeks

·
Registered
27 Posts
If ya look in those motorcycle trader mags in Australia they have those add that sell heaps of those CBR250RRs, I think they might recondition them or something. I did also see a couple of those across bikes at the bike shop alto I didn't realize they were 4's also

1 - 20 of 23 Posts