Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im trying to get my bike very soon getting quotes ect now and im thinking im just going to have the dealer do some stuff on my bike so i was wondering what are some must have things. i plan on them doing the 15T front sprocket not sure if they will do it but maybe some sliders,any other things i should be asking for ?

·
Registered
561 Posts
exhaust is a must on this "silent" bike. Even a slip on is something you can do. the 15T sprocket is something you can do as well. there are plenty of pros here who are more than willing to help you through it. the dealer probably charges $100+ to change it out.

Do the simple stuff yourself to learn more about your new bike....

JMHO.... :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking about doing it myself but 1) dont have the right tools 2)no space and this being my first bike and it being new i dont want to try to do something and mess it up and not no i did and have something happen i do plan on doing some stuff myself and learning everything though was just wondering if thier was some must have stuff

·
Registered
193 Posts
Run on sentence and a half.. Wow. Lol!

Srsly though, if you don't feel comfortable doing things yourself, do the things that you are more comfortable with first (ie slip- on) and also read the owner's & service manuals to see how things work. Then if you still want to resort to the dealer working on it, pick the jobs very carefully. They charge a minimum of $90 per hour (not including parts).

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you just pretty much wrote what the other guy said.i asked what i should get done now as a must have, and not wait around till i learn more, i will do stuff myself as i acquire tools ect

·
Registered
993 Posts
The power commander is for fuel injected engines, it lets you select fuel/air ratios for specific running conditions. You can make your bike run rich or lean to fit your exhaust pressures to air intake to fuel consumption. It uses preset or manually set MAPs to make your engine perform at its peak for what ever style of driving you are doing be it racing / mountain roads / or just economically for getting better gas mileage. You can even get a program to use your computer to tune it yourself.

Reactions: BamBam

·
Registered
958 Posts
If your a new rider, the Ninja 300 is a great bike strait from the dealer. Mods should be something that YOU think the bike is lacking after riding it, or something that you like to personalize it to YOUR taste.

A slip-on (exhaust muffler) is probably the most common modification that people make, it makes your bike sound way better, and you get a few extra horse power and they look cool on your bike.

Also a fender eliminator is a part that takes off the huge ugly rear license plate holder, tail light and rear blinkers, and puts these things in a much smaller and more attractive unit that makes the rear end of the bike look much better. (I still don't know why manufactures make them so ugly)

Frame sliders are another one of the most common additions and are one of the most useful if you ever drop your bike or crash it. A bolt on piece that most sport bikes have.

Those are probably the 3 most common mods for ANY sport bike. I will say that I think a Power Commander is probably a waste of money unless your getting a full exhaust system and plan on doing some seriously aggressive riding, and even then, it's something that you would add to your bike after you've gotten to the point where you can ride the bike to it's limits and want more performance.

My personal recommendation for a first "mod" is a new set of tires. The stock tires are not very good, and if you think about it, great tires can be the difference between a great ride and a crash. I know it's not a very "cool mod" but the tires are your connection between your bike and the road, so it's kind of important, especially if you plan on doing any "spirited" riding. And yes, I just put on a set of Pirelli Diablo Rosso II's, and they make a huge difference in how my bike rides.

Be safe and have fun :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If your a new rider, the Ninja 300 is a great bike strait from the dealer. Mods should be something that YOU think the bike is lacking after riding it, or something that you like to personalize it to YOUR taste.

A slip-on (exhaust muffler) is probably the most common modification that people make, it makes your bike sound way better, and you get a few extra horse power and they look cool on your bike.

Also a fender eliminator is a part that takes off the huge ugly rear license plate holder, tail light and rear blinkers, and puts these things in a much smaller and more attractive unit that makes the rear end of the bike look much better. (I still don't know why manufactures make them so ugly)

Frame sliders are another one of the most common additions and are one of the most useful if you ever drop your bike or crash it. A bolt on piece that most sport bikes have.

Those are probably the 3 most common mods for ANY sport bike. I will say that I think a Power Commander is probably a waste of money unless your getting a full exhaust system and plan on doing some seriously aggressive riding, and even then, it's something that you would add to your bike after you've gotten to the point where you can ride the bike to it's limits and want more performance.

My personal recommendation for a first "mod" is a new set of tires. The stock tires are not very good, and if you think about it, great tires can be the difference between a great ride and a crash. I know it's not a very "cool mod" but the tires are your connection between your bike and the road, so it's kind of important, especially if you plan on doing any "spirited" riding. And yes, I just put on a set of Pirelli Diablo Rosso II's, and they make a huge difference in how my bike rides.

Be safe and have fun :D
thanks the reason i was thinking of the 15T Sprocket was just because of all the comments on here of how it improved the sifting ect....also idc about making it look cool yet so ill look into some new tires

·
Registered
958 Posts
I know being on the forums gives you TONS of great information, but I also think it's better to go out and get a little experience and then modify your bike to suit YOU. If there is something that you think needs improvement on your bike, search the forum for info on that and figure out whats best so you can make your bike perfect for you. Be safe and have fun. :D

Reactions: BamBam

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
I have to agree with Wetwork about the power commander. I am also new, but everything I have read (and I went through tons of research after purchasing my exhaust that i'll hopefully get this week... NO PRESSURE HARDRACING!!!!!!!!!!) said don't waste the money on a PCV unless you're getting a full system, specially on a small bike, especially with just a slip on.

But I agree on waiting to ride your bike around stock and then making your choices there. You won't appreciate the mods as much if it comes to you that way. And do it all yourself. I feel pretty awesome going from being afraid to change the oil on my car and NEVER doing it, to changing the oil on my bike, doing all the tiny little mods I have done so far, etc. and know that I did it myself.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the info guys i will get stock and do some of the small mods myself, i plan on doing oil change ect myself . but if i do decide to do something like the front sprocket, i may have to take it in just do to how little space i have ....or i guess i could pull it into the street and do it lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts