Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new rider, and just purchased my 2013 Ninja 300 ABS. and i love it. I do have a couple of "stupid" so any feedback would be great.

1)
Is there any way to adjust the mirrors. I know they fold them in. However I am a taller person, and they are not in the idea position for riding. Is there some secret to messing with the bolts that i am just not aware of.

2)
I just purchased a LeoVince GP Corsa Aluminum Slip-on Exhaust System. if anybody is interested it came from motorstarz. Pretty good deal on it, only about 200 bucks and no shipping coast.
my question is, does anyone have it on their bike, and if possible could someone please point me in the right direction for instructions on how to remove the old exhaust. I seen videos and done a little research and i believe it is fairly straight forward but any insight would help.

3)
I have noticed that sometimes when i am riding an image pops up on my LCD displace, almost looks like a "nuclear hazard sign" or something along thoes line, anybody knows what that means?

Just wanted to say thank you for the help, it is much appreciated

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Under glow is a ticket waiting to happen. I used to have it on my car and after the first $500 dollar ticket i took it off. If you are still thinking of doing it, I suggest that you wire the lights to an AUX switch. Make sure you wire the switch in series from the battery to the lights. This way you can choose when you would like the lights on or off, and with the switch in its open state, there will not be any excess current draw from your battery. The new under glow is typically LED lighting. (From an electrical standpoint diodes are current devices, and your standard diode only needs about 15-20 mA of current to illuminate.)

I have not checked on the price of under glow in a long time, i know a few years ago there were 100 - 200 bucks, which is APPALLING taking into account that a single diode is about 15-25 cents.

I am an electrical engineer and have made for my buddies some cool led kits for their cars and bike, if you would like i can give you some pointers on making your own to try and keep the coast down.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
From ever thing i have seen and read about removing the pipe it seems pretty straight forward, was there any issues you ran across when installing it, or anything that i need to take into consideration? (besides any of the no brainer stuff)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts