Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new rider, and just purchased my 2013 Ninja 300 ABS. and i love it. I do have a couple of "stupid" so any feedback would be great.

1)
Is there any way to adjust the mirrors. I know they fold them in. However I am a taller person, and they are not in the idea position for riding. Is there some secret to messing with the bolts that i am just not aware of.

2)
I just purchased a LeoVince GP Corsa Aluminum Slip-on Exhaust System. if anybody is interested it came from motorstarz. Pretty good deal on it, only about 200 bucks and no shipping coast.
my question is, does anyone have it on their bike, and if possible could someone please point me in the right direction for instructions on how to remove the old exhaust. I seen videos and done a little research and i believe it is fairly straight forward but any insight would help.

3)
I have noticed that sometimes when i am riding an image pops up on my LCD displace, almost looks like a "nuclear hazard sign" or something along thoes line, anybody knows what that means?

Just wanted to say thank you for the help, it is much appreciated

·
Registered
506 Posts
Mirrors are kind of useless. Set them up so you see a lil behind and then rely more on head checking.

The nuclear symbol means you're riding economically. It's a completely useless function thought up by some knuckleheaded marketing guy.

Youtube rheamc. The guy is annoying but he has a pretty good guide for removing and installing a slipon. He had a twobros, so your millage may vary

Sent from my R800x using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
106 Posts
I put down a $100 dollar reservation for my SE ABS 300 in which the dealer has no freakin clue when kawasaki will send them one their way, hopefully soon though. I have been riding dirt bikes for the last 8-9 years or so, so i am no stranger to two wheels. Questions i have are about parts for the bike itself.

1) what are some of the better slip on exhaust systems out there, i have heard how a 300 sounds through youtube videos, but i am not to knowledgable when it comes to other exhaust systems.

2) what are your opinions on seat cowls? i think its very fashionable and since i am a new rider there won't be a need for me to take passengers anytime soon and idk if i ever really want to

3) if i have a brake light modulator and underglows, will that pretty much ruin my battery in a short amount of time.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated, it will help me to figure out if i need to start bundling some of this stuff with my loan that i am requesting to take out to pay for this bike

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I put down a $100 dollar reservation for my SE ABS 300 in which the dealer has no freakin clue when kawasaki will send them one their way, hopefully soon though. I have been riding dirt bikes for the last 8-9 years or so, so i am no stranger to two wheels. Questions i have are about parts for the bike itself.

1) what are some of the better slip on exhaust systems out there, i have heard how a 300 sounds through youtube videos, but i am not to knowledgable when it comes to other exhaust systems.

2) what are your opinions on seat cowls? i think its very fashionable and since i am a new rider there won't be a need for me to take passengers anytime soon and idk if i ever really want to

3) if i have a brake light modulator and underglows, will that pretty much ruin my battery in a short amount of time.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated, it will help me to figure out if i need to start bundling some of this stuff with my loan that i am requesting to take out to pay for this bike
1) Whatever strikes your fancy really. Just keep in mind that they aren't DOT and EPA approved and are "technically" illegal. Don't do anything stupid on the road and you wont have to worry about it.

2) A cosmetic add-on that looks nice. Kawasaki actually did a decent job on their version and best part is, unlike the Chinese ebay knock offs, it's actually color matched to boot. If you are new to street riding and don't want to take a pillon around every once in a while, then getting the cowl is a good or bad idea depends on how you look at it. If you are set on not taking passengers, having that on is almost guaranteed not taking a pillion passenger. Good. If she was hot and you wanted to bring her back to your pad because she wants you to throw the honey badger down the hole and you can't now. Bad. lol :D I personally want a rear seat cowling and will probably order one before too long.

3) The modulator should not be overly taxing since you shouldn't be riding the brakes while stopped and the engine off. The body FX can do a number on a battery depending on how many and what their draw is. Modulating brakes ARE legal in almost every state. Body FX generally aren't unless you're in PA. While a good set of body FX are awesome looking, the potential of getting harassed by a cop having a bad day is high. He/she is looking for someone to vent at and you are a glowing ball of color that can been seen at night from a mile away outside of a city.

As with any mod, if you are worried about the legalities of anything, research federal, state, county, and city laws about any mods you want to do. Cops and the magistrate don't take "I didn't know" as a defense so you matter as well read up on it. Most of all,

Welcome to the both of you! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Under glow is a ticket waiting to happen. I used to have it on my car and after the first $500 dollar ticket i took it off. If you are still thinking of doing it, I suggest that you wire the lights to an AUX switch. Make sure you wire the switch in series from the battery to the lights. This way you can choose when you would like the lights on or off, and with the switch in its open state, there will not be any excess current draw from your battery. The new under glow is typically LED lighting. (From an electrical standpoint diodes are current devices, and your standard diode only needs about 15-20 mA of current to illuminate.)

I have not checked on the price of under glow in a long time, i know a few years ago there were 100 - 200 bucks, which is APPALLING taking into account that a single diode is about 15-25 cents.

I am an electrical engineer and have made for my buddies some cool led kits for their cars and bike, if you would like i can give you some pointers on making your own to try and keep the coast down.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mini Convex Mirrors

For about 6 bucks I picked up a pair of mini convex stick-on mirrors, about one and three quarter inches in diameter. Positioned carefully on the outer edges of your standard rearview mirrors, they can pick up most of what's directly behind you and all of your blind spots. Nothing's a good substitute for a quick turn of the head, though. Unless that bus in front of you happens to jam on his brakes at just the wrong nanosecond.

·
Registered
490 Posts
The nuclear looking sign on the display is just a conservative riding indicator.you riding smoothly and conserving petrol when it pops up.you changing at correct moments and riding steadily.its a good sign.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
2)
I just purchased a LeoVince GP Corsa Aluminum Slip-on Exhaust System. if anybody is interested it came from motorstarz. Pretty good deal on it, only about 200 bucks and no shipping coast.
Not trying to bust a bubble... but I paid $209 for the LV GP Corsa Carbon with shipping included in that price.

If you would purchased it from HardRacing, you would have paid $179 with shipping included for the alum can.

Before making anymore purchases, check out our site sponsors and ask around first. There's probably always a better deal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thank you all for the responses, they have helped better/clearer picture for aesthetics and the legality of extra lighting for night rides.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
i should have used more exact words, i ended up paying 163 for the aluminum, if you wanted the carbon it would have been 195

here is the link if anyone else is interested

http://www.motostarz.com/filter-by-bike/kawasaki/2013-ninja-300.html?price=2,100

Question, how does it sound on your bike?
Oh nice. Yeah I could have gotten it for even cheaper if I went with BioHazard, but I didn't feel like waiting 2 months for it.

It sounds great. I love it. It pops if you're engine braking and you start giving it throttle, but that's about the only con (I am not mapping my bike and I run without the baffle. The baffle makes it pop a lot less)

It's plenty loud unless you run around with supersports, but it surely makes a lot more noise than stock!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
From ever thing i have seen and read about removing the pipe it seems pretty straight forward, was there any issues you ran across when installing it, or anything that i need to take into consideration? (besides any of the no brainer stuff)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.