Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check this out!!! i just stumbled across this on your tube

have a look at the size of the mirror extenders, no more looking at your elbows now & have a look at the rear luggage rack. awesome idea. wont get the paint scratched & has a removable topbox just like my k1200LT did years ago!!!

FANTASTIC IDEA! I LOVE IT:cool:

i wish they would give us info on where they got it from

·
Registered
5 Posts
Carbon Fiber Luggage Rack and Mirror Extensions

Hello All,

Here is a video of a couple of items that my husband made for my bike. I use this bike on a regular basis for my business and need to be able to carry multiple packages. I also like to be able to see who is behind me and not see my elbows and the mirror extensions work great for me.

The rack is bolted to the seat and can be removed with the key.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My husband has the molds to make these items. If people are interested he can fabricate them.:) They have worked wonderful for me. The mirrors are a god send. I hated not being able to see behind me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think he could. Probably would need to see a pic of the sides of the bags though. He is working on a price for them.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
threads merged to keep it all together. love the idea of the custom rack on the rear. prevents the panniers scratching the paint work.i have no doubt your hubby could cash in on this idea and sell a few on ebay worldwide

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Mirror extenders arrived today

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/380650951387?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

when the box arrived it said it was sent from Belgium , but the location of the good in ebay says located in Canada. who knows what’s the go there:confused:

anyhow, i will attach some photo of what you get in the box, what they look like fitted and what you *SHOULD* see out the mirrors, lol

to summarise the install, remove the 2 screws holding the mirror to the bike, grab a extender put it between mirror & bike and put in 2 long screws supplied and tighten it up firm. no brainer here, do for both sides.

does it improve the rearward vision so i dont see my elbows all the friggin time... YES it does

does it show it the same as the "see the difference photo" attached??? *HELL NO*

is it worth the money???? mmmmmmmmmmmmm.... thats debatable, perhaps if they were smidgen cheaper.

to be honest i think they need to be a little longer, maybe even twice the size the are. they are about 1 1/2 inches long at moment or about 35 millimetres or there about. if you double that i have no doubt it will be *PERFECT*

is it better then stock???? YES!!!

having said that though, im glad i bought them , yes i can see much more clearly behind me now, even with 1" handle bar risers as well. i will keep them though thats for sure. if i get a chance on the weekend i will have a look and see if i have 2 bolts that are longer so i can sit both mirror extenders on one side & try that & see what happens if they are double the length and let you know what i find or can see or not see, lol.

look like they are machined from some kind of plastic & feel quite sturdy for sure.

im sure you could make these yourself but i like the fit of these, they look like it came from the factory with them on

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ordered. Saved me money buying new mirrors. Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Cruizin,
I've seen this on Ebay and think about buying 2 pairs for a double extend mount, cause I've got a wide body frame.
Hope it will work...

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cruizin,
I've seen this on Ebay and think about buying 2 pairs for a double extend mount, cause I've got a wide body frame.
Hope it will work...
awesome, this is a test i still havent got round to trying, been busy with other stuff, but can you please do us all a favour, once they are mounted can you take some photos or even a video of it and post it here please.

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
I am looking for some mirror extensions too. Need a better look behind me without moving my arms.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've ordered two pairs of these for our bikes, but I'm just wondering whether having the mirror further from the fairing will cause more stress on the fairing mounts?

·
Registered
152 Posts
First ride with the extenders yesterday.

I would describe them as 'a bit better' than without, I still have to move my elbows to see if there is something right behind me.
However, I do think they are good on a multi-lane road.

I'm only a 5' 4" lass and not overweight, so it's not like there's much of me to obscure the view!

·
Registered
87 Posts
The mirrors for me aren't too bad, being a small guy.
However, could still use improvement! Ordered some the other day, hope they are worth it!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts