Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Quick question, my stock rear tire is almost done and i got about 12500 miles on them. Looking to replace my tire and wasn't sure which way I wanted to go but I'm looking into the Pilot Street Radials now.

Now my question is pretty much, my front tire is still pretty much new, can I just replace the rear tire with the PSR or do I need to replace both tires together?
It's not recommended by manufacturers of course but many people do it and are perfectly fine, including myself. Apparently the pros do it specifically because theyre looking for different characteristics from their front and rear tires. So yeah go for it man.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello All,
Currently I have a set of Conti Motion tyres 11,600 miles on them but rear is almost to the end of it's life. I would purchase the same tyre but they are on back order most websites. What is another good set I can buy. I drive 85 miles everyday on freeway. Any info is helpful.
Thank You,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is my review of the new Michelin Pilot Street Radial, since everyone seems to mention buying the Diablo Rosso 2 only and there is very little information available on these tires from actual experience:

I bought these to replace the stock tire at about 7,500 miles. The first thing I noticed with these tires was how thick the rubber is, which contributes to long tire life, they even appear a little wider then stock 140 rubber. They also seemed a few mm thicker then the stock tires even from when they were new.

My first impression was "wow" I can feel the tire grip when making slow speed turns, the stock tires just felt hard and solid, these tires feel softer and stickier especially at low speeds. Compared to stock IRC they feel better and more confidence inspiring. With the stock IRC rear tire it would lock up under moderate foot brake pressure, with these i have t stomp the pedal for them to lock. I primarily commute with them mostly on relatively straight roads and an occasional weekend ride through twisties. For wet weather riding these are probably the best tire IMHO. I have done freeway rides going 80mph in heavy rain and done a few quick stops from 20-0mph on wet roads and never have they never let loose.
I have currently have about 9,500 miles on these tires, the front tire has started cupping on me since around 8,000 miles. They probably have another 2500 miles left until the wear bars. The back has squared off pretty good too. These seem to almost last longer then the stock bias tires. I would recommend the tire for primary commuters and the weekend warrior, maybe a beginner track day. I would get Diablo Ross 2 or Bt-003 if your more of an aggressive rider or if you push your bike to it's limits at the track.

sizes 110/70/17 front and 140/70/17, I run 30-31psi front and 32-33psi rear

paid about $110 for the front and $130 for the rear

I have a picture of new tire vs current condition with 9,500 miles wear
:announcement_smilie
Yeah thanks for the review! I used your words of wisdom and bought a set and I am highly impressed. It was between the Michelin pilot Street or the pirelli Angel or Diablo and I thought I would say the few dollars and went with the Michelin. I paid roughly $160 for the front and back and I don't regret it one bit. Hell of a review and thank you!

Eric S.
(E-Z)

41 - 43 of 43 Posts