Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Here's my update:

March 2015. 3,300 miles on odometer: Mounted a rear Michelin PSR. Mounted a front Pirelli DR2.
April 2016. 14,900 miles on the odometer: Front DR2 worn out (after 11,600 miles). Replaced it with a front Michelin PSR. Rear PSR still looking great.
Feb 2017. 26,100 miles on the odometer: Rear Michelin PSR (with 22,800 miles on it) is about to hit the wear indicators in the middle. The sides still look really good.

I commute. I'm more than happy with the performance (grip) and the durability.

I'll take pictures when I swap them out once it gets warmer in the spring. Not in the mood to fight a cold hard rubber carcass off the rim in 30 degree weather right now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wore out the stock tires at 4800 miles. Good thing my rear got screwed (literally) or else i would have just went on and on. 300 or so miles into dual Pilot street radials i am really enjoying them. I do think they feel better then the stock tires. I am definitely hoping for better mileage then stock.

I am realizing that I am always on the low end for tire mileage. Must be because i always hit red lights...and turn them into red lines...

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Here's my update:

March 2015. 3,300 miles on odometer: Mounted a rear Michelin PSR. Mounted a front Pirelli DR2.
April 2016. 14,900 miles on the odometer: Front DR2 worn out (after 11,600 miles). Replaced it with a front Michelin PSR. Rear PSR still looking great.
Feb 2017. 26,100 miles on the odometer: Rear Michelin PSR (with 22,800 miles on it) is about to hit the wear indicators in the middle. The sides still look really good.

I commute. I'm more than happy with the performance (grip) and the durability.

I'll take pictures when I swap them out once it gets warmer in the spring. Not in the mood to fight a cold hard rubber carcass off the rim in 30 degree weather right now.
Just received the new tire today. Here's how the old ones look with 22,800 miles compared to the new tire:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im running pilot powers in 110/70 and 150/60. Good tire. I had bridgstone s20's and the rear lasted about 12000 ks with the front lasting about 16000 ks. I prefer the pilot powers though as they seem to last a bit better.

How was the performance of the s20's?

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
I just don't know how you get 22K out of a rear tyre. It's witchcraft!

Yea, I would like to know how you do that too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Man there's a ridiculous amount of options available for the longer range tires. Got a friend in the market at the moment, I'll recommend these to him!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I just don't know how you get 22K out of a rear tyre. It's witchcraft!
Yea, I would like to know how you do that too.
LOL. I really don't know either. But here are the new tires mounted on the bike.

The long tire life is perhaps attributed to my far superior way of balancing the the wheel with super high tech equipment?

·
Registered
31 Posts
These tires are so amazing, I've only had them on for about 500 miles but I am in so much love coming from stock IRC's. As a person who rides harder than I should I can say these tires for some reason equal a bunch of accidental wheelies from 1st to 2nd for someone like me who going way too fast already lol.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks to all that posted reviews after thousands of miles of use. I bought these tires and have had them on for only a couple hundred kilometers. One thing I must say after having only ever ridden on Bridgestones (Ninja 500 and Zx-6R) is that these seem to be sticky immediately after installation. All the Bridgestones I've had in the past were always a little slippery for the first few hundred km, but these Michelins make me feel like I can push right now. I'm still taking it easy-ish but they are really confidence inspiring. I hope they last as long as y'all have posted.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Quick question, my stock rear tire is almost done and i got about 12500 miles on them. Looking to replace my tire and wasn't sure which way I wanted to go but I'm looking into the Pilot Street Radials now.

Now my question is pretty much, my front tire is still pretty much new, can I just replace the rear tire with the PSR or do I need to replace both tires together?

21 - 40 of 43 Posts