Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Say you wanted to maximize your horsepower and make your bike as light as possible. With a N300 what would you do to get the most horsepower/speed/power with a 30k budget (just to limit certain ridiculous things)? How fast would it go/how much horsepower would it have/ how much would it weigh/how much would it cost? Go! (Before anyone gets angry at me for wanting horsepower or something I don't even have a ninja yet, I am just interested)

·
Registered
64 Posts
say you wanted to maximize your horsepower and make your bike as light as possible. With a n300 what would you do to get the most horsepower/speed/power with a 30k budget (just to limit certain ridiculous things)? How fast would it go/how much horsepower would it have/ how much would it weigh/how much would it cost? Go! (before anyone gets angry at me for wanting horsepower or something i don't even have a ninja yet, i am just interested)
30k...usd? Aud? Hkd?

·
Registered
152 Posts
30K USD is definitely enough to get a Ninja 636 :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
...make your bike as light as possible.
*sigh* Might as well entertain the idea
Go to the gym and do some cardio. Shed some weight from yourself. If that doesn't work, I guess you can always throw money on the bike.

• Carbon-fiber frame
  • Remove passenger foot pegs
  • Marchesini or Gale Speed Wheels

Since there's too many to list, just follow what THIS. Now that guy has $30K!

·
Registered
848 Posts
*sigh* Might as well entertain the idea
Go to the gym and do some cardio. Shed some weight from yourself. If that doesn't work, I guess you can always throw money on the bike.

• Carbon-fiber frame
  • Remove passenger foot pegs
  • Marchesini or Gale Speed Wheels
If you ask any engineer, they will tell you the most important place to lose weight would be any moving components.

Wheels
Brakes
Tires
Sprockets
Chains
Pistons
Rods

etc...

Losing weight on moving component is approx. 15 times more effective than non-moving components such as frame, exhaust, fairings, etc.
Although it would depend on case by case, apparently 15 times is generally understood rule in engineering.

If you don't understand what I mean, you can feel it by lifting weights too.
For example, if you carry a 10 lb backpack, you won't have any much of a difficulty walking/running.
However, if you add 10 lb on your shoe you will feel heck of a hard time walking/running.

If you get a carbon fiber fairing, chances are, you probably won't feel THAT much of a difference. However people always say how they feel drastic difference whenever they get Gale Speed wheels.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Spending that much money on a 300 would be pointless, you are essentially trying to make a small bike into a super sport. If you want power get an actual super sport, each bike has their own purpose I find the ninja 300 to have plenty of power for what it is, a small lightweight fun bike but to each their own.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts